PDA

View Full Version : Just registered

lizzie29
13-02-07, 18:15
Hi, my name's Lizzie and I've just joined the site.
Have had problems with depression, anxiety and panic on and off for a few years now. At the moment, my panic and anxiety are worse than ever. I'm finding it hard to eat and sleep - just putting food in my mouth and trying to chew and swallow is hard. I feel very alone and although I have plenty of people to support me, none of them have experienced anything like this so they don't know how it feels.
Am on two lots of tablets, one for anxiety and one to help me sleep. Am waiting to start some counselling/therapy next Monday, just hope it helps.
I don't really know why I worry and panic, it's just a general feeling. The more I worry about panicking, the more I panic! I don't think there was anything specific that started it off, although I suppose there must be something. I was abused as child but with counselling have dealt with this. As I said, I had depression and low self-esteem and used to self-harm, but again, I seem to have resolved these issues.
The thing I'm finding hard at the moment, is that I'm so fed up with worrying and feeling like this. I have to try not to think too much into the future, as I dread feeling like this for longer.

honeybee3939
13-02-07, 18:55
Hi

And welcome to NMP, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get soem great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) and How to Cope (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=coping) links they may be of interest.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

manmoor
13-02-07, 19:09
Hi Lizzie,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

wobily_lin
13-02-07, 21:27
Elo Lizzie,

A great big welcome to ya...great support n advice on here...glad to have ya on board..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

pamella
13-02-07, 22:02
hi im sorry to hear that u are going through such a tough time at moment,im going through something of hard time of it myself so no exactly were u r coming from.i2was abused as a child.sometimes it doesnt matter were the anixety is coming from,its just ther so please dont always search for reason.i no the fear of the fear,mine ammounted into terror yesterday, i was so scared but could really say what of.i think its the fear of panic all the time,its there24/7.i do hope u get on well at conselling and its great u hav support.u take care and if i can help ina ny way please get in touch.take care

pjrobb

lizzie29
14-02-07, 10:33
Thank you all for your kind and welcoming words and support.
Pamella - was a help to read that you experience similar things to me, hope we can support each other through the difficult times - I find it helps just to know you're not alone and not 'weird'! Let me know if you want to chat. x

jrussell
14-02-07, 11:02
Hi, you are not mad and neither are we, we just have a few problems that we need to find a way to get over. Reading your message, I felt very impressed with the huge issues that you have dealt with in your life and come to terms with, look how far and how well you have done, dont look how far you have to go, every small step deserves a big pat on the back.

Have you ever seen the film into the void, a true story about a mountaineer who fell down a void on an ice covered mountain, broke his leg and looked sure to die, a way out looked impossible, but he survived, he set one very small challenge and achieved it then he set another and another, he eventually got off the mountain and survived, incredible!! It took a long time and was difficult beyond belief but not impossible. I took alot from that film!

I hope you find your way x Julie

Sax
14-02-07, 13:02
Hey Lizzie,

A warm welcome to NMP was good to meet you in chat last night, hope to catch you in there again soon.

love Sax xxx:D

trac67
14-02-07, 13:51
Hi Lizzie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

lizzie29
14-02-07, 20:05
Julie - thank you for your lovely words, they gave me a boost and made me realise that I should focus on how far I've come, rather than what I can't do. Will have a look for that film, anything's worth a try! x

RachelC
14-02-07, 23:55
Hi,
you mentioned having problems eating, I experienced that exact symptom when my panic attacks were at their worst. I could not eat in front of other people, I always had to take the food and eat alone in my room, and even then it was difficult. I also had trouble sleeping, the knot in my stomach would not allow me to relax.
Two things that helped me:
1) Watching TV or a movie while I ate. If it was something interesting it would distract me enough that I could eat.
2) Listening to music while trying to fall asleep. If I listened to loud classical music (with headphones) on a timer it sometimes helped to block out my thoughts and I was so tired I fell asleep.

Obviously these arent good long term solutions but they helped me through the worst of it. Hope you are doing ok Lizzie!