PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I have lymphoma

DaveCH
08-10-15, 20:53
I am convinced I have lymphoma I have had itchy prickly skin for a few weeks. It's not all the time and I don't have it in bed or when I'm sleeping it doesn't keep me awake. I have no swollen lymph nodes and had a full blood test in April that was perfect. I'm freaking out

Lifelonganxiety!
08-10-15, 21:41
Why are you convinced you have lymphoma when you have maybe one symptom (one that is very common in a lot of things, not least of which is health anxiety)?

Itching is very easy to bring on if you just think about it, that's probably what's happening. If not, could be an allergy to detergent, seasonal allergy, dry skin... many MANY things before a drastic response, certainly in an otherwise healthy individual.

DaveCH
08-10-15, 21:44
Thanks I think it happens more when I think about it and the fact it doesn't happen in bed or keep me awake makes me think it's anxiety. My GP says I don't need another blood test as I had one in April even though these symptoms only started a few weeks ago. I suppose if I was itching with lymphoma I would have swollen nodes ?

Holds1325
08-10-15, 22:03
So far the only thing you have going for you is that you are itchy. Perhaps allergies or even weather?

Around this time of the year my skin tends to get dry.

Its just the anxiety wanting you to think of the worst possibility from itchy skin.

Only a doctor could tell you if you have lymphoma or not, perhaps if you cannot be put at ease, then you can be honest with your doctor and tell them that you are scared of what it is and maybe they can run another blood test or possibly reassure you some other way.

Traceypo
08-10-15, 22:26
Think about headlice, what happens, we itch, that's the power of the mind.
Itching is a symptom of anxiety, which is far more likely than the other conclusion.
X

DaveCH
08-10-15, 22:32
Well when I think about it I was worried about night sweats as I woke up sweaty one night but checked my kids and they where sweaty aswell house was warm but read itching could be a symptom. Next day shins felt itchy getting out of the shower and now here we are. That along with no swollen lymph nodes clear bloods in April and feeling great with training 6 days a week should make me realise it's anxiety

Lifelonganxiety!
08-10-15, 22:52
That along with no swollen lymph nodes clear bloods in April and feeling great with training 6 days a week should make me realise it's anxiety

It definitely should!