PDA

View Full Version : Bad night

JaCkiie
08-10-15, 23:24
Had a good couple of days anxiety although there it's been calm compared to the last few weeks but tonight is a bad one. Took my usual 40mg of fluoxetine this morning and just took another 20mg to try and stay on even ground but mind keeps racing and thinking the worst possible stuff as per usual. Sick of convincing myself I have MND so much so my body aches and twitches. It's terrifying. Dr doubled the dose of my fluoxetine aswell as putting me on a beat block tab at 30mg a day but im worse than ever. At my wits end. 24 and in constant fear of having a rare disease. No one I talk to understands and just laugh at me and tell me um being silly but when your arma are seizing up and your hand twitch and cramp and your in my brain the only logical explanation is whatever my brain decides. Can't stand being mocked. Wish I could help control my thoughts I don't exactly enjoy living like this. May be a joke to them but to me the fear is there and very real :weep:

Lifelonganxiety!
08-10-15, 23:53
Hey Jackie, well I can certainly relate to how you feel and certainly about how others will tell you you're crazy or whatever. Whether people think it's just not being tough or not, this is certainly a real condition that a lot of people suffer from - the health anxiety I mean.

A lot of us also suffer from fears of MND, but I've not once seen anyone with the fear actually turn out to be having it. It shows how common the symptoms are, and that we instantly go to the worst case scenario.

I just want to tell you there are many of us in the same boat, and we're here to support each other. Try to relax, it will help with the symptoms as well. Put on a good movie to fall asleep to. But most importantly just know that ultimately you're healthy but your brain is just trying to convince you otherwise. Stupid brain. ;)

JaCkiie
09-10-15, 00:32
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I think it's equally frustrating for my partner at the moment as he doesn't know how to support me. I can get myself in some right states with my HA and my MND fear came about when his uncle was diagnosed with it the end of 2013. Symtoms calmed while I was pregnant with my second child he's 4 weeks old now and worse than ever. Awful awful fear. I find it very calming to talk to people who understand what I'm going through physically emotinally mentally. I agree silly brain!! I have my first session of CBT on the 15th I pray it helps a little more than the medication.xx