PDA

View Full Version : Need to clear throat

cornishbumkin
09-10-15, 11:26
Hi for ages now i have had the need to clear my throat of phlegm.

But now i have stopped smoking i don't get hardly any phlegm and still get the feeling that i need to clear my throat, but only late at night before bedtime for about an hour.

It's driving me mad and when it happens because i can't get rid of the feeling i almost start to have a panic attack.

cornishbumkin
10-10-15, 19:37
Quick update been up all night with again it's driving me mad :(

frosty2901
10-10-15, 22:56
I get that occasionaly and just put it down to anxiety.
I used to smoke but gave up 3 years ago

WiganLad
10-10-15, 23:12
I have chronic catar for 11 years now I am always clearing my throat there's nothing worry about I have never smoked either

cornishbumkin
10-10-15, 23:25
I get that occasionaly and just put it down to anxiety.
I used to smoke but gave up 3 years ago

Thanks someone did say it could be anxiety

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

I have chronic catar for 11 years now I am always clearing my throat there's nothing worry about I have never smoked either

Sometimes when i try to force any rubbish out it feels like my throat as twisted.

I have started vaping after stopping and starting to wonder if it could be from that.

WiganLad
11-10-15, 12:55
My mum is the same she started them e cig things

cornishbumkin
11-10-15, 13:03
My mum is the same she started them e cig things

Hi how long ago did you mum start them ?

I am hoping mine gets better, i can't hardly sleep with it.

WiganLad
11-10-15, 15:16
she started bout 3 and a half years ago

cornishbumkin
11-10-15, 16:31
she started bout 3 and a half years ago

So is your mum still vaping after 3 years and as her throat been bad all the time.

WiganLad
11-10-15, 20:09
Yeah she still vaping bit she changed vapor liquids and its cleared up some liquids have propylene glycol in them but she's got some with vegetable glycerin now but it will be down to the liquid your using

cornishbumkin
11-10-15, 20:12
Yeah she still vaping bit she changed vapor liquids and its cleared up some liquids have propylene glycol in them but she's got some with vegetable glycerin now but it will be down to the liquid your using

Mine have 80% PG & 20%VG i was thinking it could be the PG that's making it worse. Can i ask where your mum gets the 100% VG from please.

cornishbumkin
13-10-15, 14:08

Hi just seen this reply not sure why i never got an email.

I stopped using the licquid sunday and it is a little better but not much.

Going to doctors today to see what they say.

cornishbumkin
17-12-15, 20:09
Update on my throat clearing.

I have had the worse cold ever for the past 2 weeks and it's just starting to clear.

But i only just realised i have not been clearing my throat at all it's been great, but why would it stop when i have a cold i don't understand. And now after 2 weeks my throat clearing is starting to come back so not happy.

MyNameIsTerry
19-12-15, 06:52
Were you less anxious when you had the cold?

When I relapsed and finally went off work I had a cold for about a week and my anxiety greatly reduced. Once the cold went, my anxiety returned to it's previous level.

cornishbumkin
02-05-16, 01:59
Were you less anxious when you had the cold?

When I relapsed and finally went off work I had a cold for about a week and my anxiety greatly reduced. Once the cold went, my anxiety returned to it's previous level.

Sorry only just seen this, i am not sure if i was less anxious or not.

---------- Post added at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

Update i had a camera up my nose to check my throat and told all was fine.

And told me to try omeprazole 20Mg which i have and for 9 days it was heaven, but day 10 which is today it's back and driving me mad again.

I feel really sorry for people who have this.