PDA

View Full Version : Chest Tightness/Pressure!

ThePerfctSky
09-10-15, 13:22
Hey so I was diagnosed with Asthma when I was about 15 I am 22 now and my Asthma seems to be almost non existant but lately I have been having bouts of chest tightness with wheezing. What worries me most is that it gets worse when I lay down it feels like some bricks have been places on my chest and I can hear myself wheezing and it also makes me cough. Does anyone else get this with anxiety? Or could it be my asthma returning? I am particularly worried as I read it can be a symptom of Heart Failure. Is this just anxiety and asthma or something serious?

Wanderlust
10-10-15, 00:14
Plenty of chest tension yes with anxiety, however as I do not have asthma I cannot fully relate. To your question specifically, Im afraid nobody but a doctor can answer that for sure and that is hopefully something you have arranged, however perhaps the anxiety is exacerbating your asthma symptoms and that is a very real possibility.

Hope you can get it sorted soon :)

ThePerfctSky
10-10-15, 10:02
Thank you very much for your reply I am sure it is my asthma mixed with my anxiety. If it were anything more serious I am sure I would know and feel worse. Thanks again.