PDA

View Full Version : So scared :(

jenni89
09-10-15, 18:57
For the past week now I've been dealing with really bad ectopic beats. I maybe had one or two good days this week.

Last night, I went to a theme park for a Halloween event abs my skipped beats and tightness lasted all night :( My heart felt like it was racing too. As soon as we for to the car, I felt better, and then as soon as we got home and walked upstairs my heart started racing so fast and beating weird with skips. This subsided after ten minutes of reSt. Is this really anxiety? Or should I seek a drs opinion AGAIN? I've never had these symptoms so bad and I'm terrified to do anything :(

Fishmanpa
09-10-15, 19:07
Being that you've been cleared medically, it would just be an exercise in futility to go back to the doctor as the reassurance won't have any lasting effect.

You're doing the right thing by getting therapy and meds. You've posted quite a few threads about this recently. I would print them out and bring them to your next therapy session. Maybe keeping a journal to write out your fears and struggles with symptoms that you can then share with your therapist would be beneficial. Your psychiatrist should know about the posting and reassurance seeking as it can be detrimental to the healing process. He should also be able to help you rationalize and control the fear with mental techniques.

Positive thoughts

jenni89
09-10-15, 20:41
I'm just so terrified im having bouts of afib or something and it's only getting worse it seems. While being checked at the dr/hospital, I wasn't exhibiting any symptoms and I'm afraid that a diagnosis is missed because of that reason.

2Anxious
09-10-15, 21:15
Well it seems like nothing is going to calm you down but a second opinion. So go and get one. I've said before that you've been thoroughly checked out and the chances of you dying or something bad happening is almost 0. Even if you are having short runs of AFib, it's not that big of a deal.

Try and get a 24 hour monitor while your symptoms are bad then you'll get some peace of mind.

trus75
12-10-15, 21:21
and then as soon as we got home and walked upstairs my heart started racing so fast and beating weird with skips. This subsided after ten minutes of reSt.

Question: the racing heart and skipped beats came out of nowhere, or have you been thinking about it when you went home?
I'm asking this because I have a similar symptom: if I pay too much attention on my heart rhythm, it starts to race and skip lots of beats. Sometimes 10, 15 in a minute, if I am worried or in panic...

In my case, I'm almost 100% sure that it's cause by anxiety, because I can do other activities if I am calm, and my heart will start racing but it doesn't skip beats (unless I'm anxious about it).

jenni89
12-10-15, 22:56
It had been skipping and fluttering all night, until we settled in the car. The car ride was about an hour, and I had fallen asleep so I didnt notice any skips. As soon as we pulled into the apartment complex, and got out of the car, it fluttered again and I had an even bigger thud when we reached the top of the stairs. My heart starting racing and felt out of control after that "thud" but subsided after 10 minutes. Haven't had an episode since Thursday. But I have been having skipped beats and fluttering off and on even before that night so Ive been terrified about episodes happening, that I think I've actually created episodes of skips because of anxiety over it. I've never had prolonged palps, maybe the occasional "thud" that could feel up into my throat, but never anything for hours until recently and it's very concerning.

trus75
14-10-15, 10:32
I understand you very well.. and I also think that it's my anxiety the cause of the skipped beats. I can have a calm week without feeling a single skipped beat but as soon as I think that I will have one... Boom, they appear. It's almost unbelievable, but your mind has a big influence on your heart rhythm. The anticipatory anxiety is the best fuel for your PVCs..