PDA

View Full Version : Catastrophising

Traceypo
09-10-15, 20:42
Been up and down lately, really trying to beat this but can't stop catastrophising over every little thing.
I'm not even focusing on one thing, I'm bouncing from one to another.
I've had a sore throat for 6 weeks, sometimes I can feel a lump when I swallow, other times its not there.
Keep getting pains in leg, pain is moving to different parts below knee.
Eyes feel very tired.
Feel dizzy but have suffered with ear problems for years.
My rational mind knows these are minor symptoms probably brought on by anxiety, the ha part of my brain has diagnosed throat cancer, blood clot and brain tumour.
How do we stop these catastrophic thoughts, any techniques would be welcome, currently awaiting another round of cbt.
Xxx

Lifelonganxiety!
09-10-15, 21:10
I've never been to CBT myself, I just take a small dose of medication to help. I say that, because I can't give any real techniques that are taught in CBT. All I know to do is distract myself somehow, keep the realization that I'm 99% sure I'm not dying when I logically think about it, and try to laugh at the situation.

It helps to hear from others too. From what you're saying, the symptoms and diagnosis changes every day, ten times a day, I've done it myself, trust me you (and me) are being ridiculous! haha.