PDA

View Full Version : Cramping with loose stools with mucus

Leslie735
09-10-15, 22:34
All day today I've been having cramps and loose stools with mucus. Its freaking me out!!! I googled and everything I saw said its serious. :(

Pepperpot
09-10-15, 22:36
Hello,
It could be a sign of an infection. Don't google - Dr Google is not qualified to give you advice ;)

Go to the doctors with a stool sample x

Leslie735
09-10-15, 23:41
Infection? Like I need antibiotics?

My oldest son just told me (he's 8) just had some diarrhea and his stomach is hurting. Wondering if we have a bug?

Pepperpot
09-10-15, 23:43
Yeah, infection like a bug.
Make sure yous get plenty of water to drink. Try not to worry too much x

Leslie735
10-10-15, 01:40
I wasn't worried until I saw the mucus. It was in my (sorry graphic) in my underwear and in the toilet.

MyNameIsTerry
10-10-15, 05:29
I wasn't worried until I saw the mucus. It was in my (sorry graphic) in my underwear and in the toilet.

Leslie,

I just wanted to say that I've had piles for nearly 20 years on & off in flare ups and mucus is common with this. So, whilst it may not apply to this, as it may be a bug, I just wanted to give you an example of something completely harmless.

dally
10-10-15, 07:16
Mucus is caused by inflammation, it could be as harmless as just 'ibs' and the rapid expulsion of stool from your bowel irritating the bowel lining and causing inflammation.
But
Any new or unusual symptom should be discussed with your gp

ricardo
10-10-15, 08:52
Leslie

It could be a number of things or absolutely nothing though I doubt anything from what you describe is sinister.

So many people seem to have IBS, is it the time we live in always rushing, often never eating properly or slowly or at the right time which then leads to stress.

I have suffered from piles on and off for many years .I have had internal but mainly external piles but I have never heard of mucus being a symptom of piles.

Anyway try not to worry your doctor will know best.

JaeBee
10-10-15, 09:22
Hi, I went to my GP with late last year with on and off loose stools and mucus at times, he referred me forma colonoscopy because of the mucus. I was freaked out that I had something horribly wrong with me. Interesting during the colonoscopy I was talking with the gastroenterologist about the mucus and he said mucus is nothing to worry about and mucus is your friend! I worried for soooo long that I had colon cancer

Leslie735
12-10-15, 17:58
Thank you everyone. I think it was a stomach bug. Both my kids had the same symptoms and a little boy I babysitt during the week had it over the weekend. Things seemed to have gone back to normal now.

ilovetrees
12-10-15, 18:02
I think that it could be IBS. As you're here on this board, stress may be a part of your life and stress really can screw up your bowels. I've got Mebeverine and to me that was a miracle drug. Worth getting a sample checked and asking about the above medication.