PDA

View Full Version : 9 Days In... Good Days / Bad Days...

CupOfTea
10-10-15, 16:48
Hello all,

What an excellent community & resource this site is. Good to meet you all. Thanks for any help / insight / reassurance you can offer.

I'm on my 9th day of 20mg Citalopram.

My GP prescribed it because I'd been suffering insomnia & I'd had a couple of nocturnal panic attacks.

The first week was a hell of a ride: anxiety went through the roof, little sleep, loss of appetite, dry mouth etc. etc., but there were 'golden' periods of calm and contentment, from the 3rd day onwards.

However the last couple of days have been mostly anxious & sleepless, with no good periods. It's getting exhausting and wearing me out.

Is this just to be expected as I acclimatise to the medicine?

I'm taking the pill every morning at 9:30am. I've just started Inositol - (4g a day).

Thank you x

mark84
10-10-15, 19:14
Hey Tea! Totally normal, you'll find it usually takes 4-8 weeks to really settle in. Hope that helps.

CupOfTea
10-10-15, 21:53
Thanks Mark.

We all ask the same questions and have the same fears about this, when we're starting out, don't we?

It might have helped if the GP had been a little more forthcoming about the side effects, but I suppose they don't want to put people off something they know will ultimately help them.