PDA

View Full Version : havent posted in a while, advice pls?

airwolf451
13-02-07, 21:09
hey guys its been a while since i posted,
and i just need some advice

recently i have been feeling all shaky inside, and my bones and muscles especaily on my left side, feel twisted and ache, also my nerves are pulsing, even high pitched or loud noises tend to make my ears ache, and over the last week, i have been getting bad pains in my eyes and just above them.

i dont want to be running to the doc just yet,

does this sound firmilar to anyone

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

nomorepanic
13-02-07, 21:23
Steve

I thought you were advised not to post on here - you bad boy LOL.

Why don't you ask your CBT therapist about these issues but yes they are all common side effects

Have a re-read of that email I sent you with all the symptoms and reasons for them in it.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

weepinky
13-02-07, 21:26
Hi Nicola

Is there any chance I could have a read of that email with symptoms and why we have them please?

Luv Pinky

Hi Airwolf, they all sound pretty familiar to me hun, try not to worry.

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

airwolf451
13-02-07, 21:28
loli know kicky, but my course has been paused for a while, nothing to do with me,

just a little worried was, doing great and then last monday this hit me

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

wobily_lin
13-02-07, 21:31
big hugs hun.....i'm sure you will b okies...i duno wots in that email but ye beta read it lol....hope ye get back on track soon..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

airwolf451
13-02-07, 21:43
thanks guys, im just a little worried tonight

nomorepanic
13-02-07, 22:01
Pinky

It is on the new website (going live this weekend) but I will mail it you anyway

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

airwolf451
13-02-07, 22:03
have that feeling that something is going to happen, all sorts going on in my body

sandie
14-02-07, 09:20
Hi airwolf

Sorry to hear that your CBT has paused - could this break have contributed to what seems to be your heightened anxiety symptoms again?

I saw my GP on Monday - the first time in 2 1/2 months; I actually began crying because I felt so lousy, and we ended up talking about how so many dreadful and awful physical symptoms are not linked to REAL or more serious health issues, but manifestations of evil anxiety.

Lack of sleep always makes me feel shivery and achy, which makes me tense which then makes my muscles ache.

Do I recall you were given an Anti-Dep sometime ago but were unsure as to whether or not to take it? Could these be making you feel worse before you feel better? My GP has just given me Citalopram - I've just taken my second tablet, and I'm anxious that I'm going to start to feel even worse than I do now, as I know this is a possibility.

I hope the CBT is helping and that itstarts again soon.

Nice to hear from you again.

Sandie

airwolf451
14-02-07, 14:12
thanks for your reply sandie,

not on the tablets anymore, they didnt help at all.

as for the course, no i dont think it has anything to do with that.

im glad your starting your meds, they will help.

today my left side is reall tight and my chest and tummy hurt, and i cant stop burping

airwolf451
14-02-07, 15:55
starting to get really bad paind running from my tummy to my head on myleft side, like sharp pains

Ma Larkin
14-02-07, 16:12
Hi hun, glad you're back on NMP. You really need some reassurance at the moment and it's great that you have some really good friends on the forum.

Try not to worry too much about the pains Steve, I'm in the same boat at the moment, had sharp pains (almost like electric shock) in my arm and shoulder since New Year's Eve. I think we worry so much because the pains are constant and never give up, but it really is anxiety.

Try and take it easy and chill yourself out, I'm trying right now and almost forgot my pain whilst typing this!

Take care hun.

Les, xx

sandie
14-02-07, 17:11
Hi Steve

I think Les is right; because the pains are constant, we worry about them constantly - never giving ourselves chance to relax, which in turn would relax our bodies and ultimately lessen the pains. Its a bl**dy viscious circle that feels almost impossible to break. Its only when one link in the circle somehow breaks (usually with CBT, counselling, meds, outside intervention/help, a lucky break or time!) that we can perhaps have the opportunity to start to dismantle the viscious circle.

As you well know (and every other NMP member too) for me that crucial bit of the viscious circle is sleep - if I can get that right, I can work on the other bits of the circle; it's obvious to all around me when I've had a reasonable amount of sleep (which isn't often).

How are you sleeping? Are the pains and tension (particularly in the chest and tummy) worse when you've had a bad night's sleep?

How long were you on the meds - and what were they?

It does sound as though you are in a lot of pain and have a great del of tension; are you still sleeping on the floor - cos this obviously won't help.

Thinking of you - take care

Sandie

airwolf451
18-02-07, 22:37
hey guys just me, still feeling the same. around the neck and shoulder, and today i got a hot wave run through my body, which made my whole body jerk, i jumped.