PDA

View Full Version : scared of letting go

tiredofthis14
11-10-15, 16:21
iv suffered from health aniexty for 4 yrs i have good times and bad at the moment being awful!
had so many tests done recently because im convinced im going to die or either a blood clot or a heart problem

now iv tried accepting im ok but im still having panic attacks all day from minute i wake to minute i sleep i dont know how to stop them
i dont know if im 100 per cent convinced im ok im scared to tell myself that im not going to die if that makes sense
i have 2 children and i feel like im ruining their lives as wel as mine

23tana
11-10-15, 18:16
Have you tried any mindfulness or mediation? There are links to both here on nmp and they could help you get the panic attacks under control.

tiredofthis14
11-10-15, 18:33
hi hun thank you for your reply i have tried its what helped me last time this time nothing is seeming to help the only difference is iv stopped the diazapam as i was getting reliant on it :s just want some peace :(

countrygirl
11-10-15, 19:10
If you have in the recent past stopped diazepam then this can make your anxiety a million times worse until you have got through withdrawal. It can take many weeks to come through this which is why they usually reduce the dose very slowly over many weeks. Could this be the cause of your current severe anxiety?

khaleesifreakouts
11-10-15, 19:31
I can relate to this so much! I walk out of the doctors being told I'm fine & I'm relived & feel great for a few hours or so and then the thoughts creep back in. This is my first time on diazapam but am also going to CBT soon. Have you spoken to your doctor about medication recently?