PDA

View Full Version : Separating real symptoms from anxiety

Traceypo
11-10-15, 20:04
Hi all,
Really struggling to separate real symptoms from anxiety. I feel lightheaded and dizzy, feel like there's a lump in my throat (felt this for about 5 weeks). Have a lump under left armpit, not sure if swollen lymph node or trapped hair.
Please help me be rational! Xxx

Pepperpot
11-10-15, 20:59
Hi
I can relate to the lump in the throat - this is my main physical symptom. It is bloody awful and I swallow Rennies for fun thinking it is that. I often also get lightheaded and dizzy. And, funnily enough, I went to the doctors the other day for a lump under my right armpit lol - he has gave me antibiotics for that. Mine is sore to the touch. I would go to the docs for the lump and it could be an infection x

Traceypo
11-10-15, 21:23
Thanks hun, I know you're right, trying to stay away from the place as I worry that the more I'm there, the more they'll think it's anxiety.
The lump is small, oval and in centre of armpit. It's sore to touch, but definitely there and visible.
I've got a nurses appointment tomorrow for a dressing change so I'll mention it to her.
The dizziness is horrible, when I'm lying down its not so apparent. The lump is the same, it comes and goes though throughout day so I'm trying to rule out all the sinister options in my head.
Xxx

Pepperpot
11-10-15, 21:27
Yeah mention it to her - my lump appeared after I found lump in my boob - doc reckons it's an abscess but said if it doesn't go he will refer me. Don't worry what your doc thinks - that's what they're there for. My lump in throat makes me swallow all the time - it feels like I am being strangled and it feels like my eyes are going to pop out sometimes. I also get breathless. Well like I need to take a massive breath quite a lot x

Traceypo
11-10-15, 21:54
Mine is just annoying and goes away when I'm lying down so not sure if it's a nasal drip, suffer with ear problems so most likely, or like everything else, it could be anxiety.
Had a coldsore and feel a little run down, had an op 3 weeks ago to remove an abscess so my body is still healing the open wound.
If it is an abscess for you, and it needs draining, my experience wasn't anywhere near as horrific as I'd made it out to be, I had a general anaesthetic, daily packing was a bit of an inconvenience, however when you've got ha, it's great to have a reason to see a medical professional on a daily basis, �� xxx

Pepperpot
11-10-15, 21:56
Let me know what the nurse says when you go tomorrow x

Traceypo
11-10-15, 21:57
I will hun, hope yours clears up soon xxx