PDA

View Full Version : My housemate gives me anxiety

elibabez
12-10-15, 11:14
Hello i have four housemates. Three are guys and they are awesome.
One is a girl, a Spanish girl and she is just over the top psychotic.

She is always raging about nonsentical stuff such as ``the internet being broken`` when all it needs is a reset, or the ``house being filthy`` when it is fine.

Every time she knocks on my door she doesnt stop knocking till i answer and doesnt stop bugging me about house things.

Ive told her many times before that ive lived here for 2 years, have no intention of leaving, so if there is an issue it will be her to go, not me, and that the house is not filthy at all, and to stop bothering me.
And then she says ``oh i wasnt stressing sorry i had a bad day ill leave you be``.

And then it is fine for a week till she is in a bad mood again and has another go at me.

It sends my stress levels./ anxiety through the roof and im so sick of her.

What should i do, she has mental problems i mean she once had insomnia and couldnt sleep, so at 4am yes 4am she started hoovering and then mopping the kitchen. Who on earth does that?

GAH! I try to be so happy in life and surround myself around cheery people, but in my very own houseshare i have a girl that lives there that never stops moaning, and never stops knocking on my door shouting at me for every reason she can think of.

Also the ``kill it with kindness`` ive done before, sucking up to her and doing what she asks, and she still skitzes out every few days.

Anyone? Thanks and have a nice week folks!

Oosh
12-10-15, 21:30
I'd sit her down and tell her clearly what you've said. Say it's bothering you so you're asking politely not to do it. Baring in mind if it's cleaning and insomnia etc she may have some real mental issue and can't help doing those things as some sort of coping mechanism.

If she ignores your polite attempts and you're backed into a corner at her mercy I'd get her to associate too much aggravation with approaching you. Blow up on her if she approaches you, do it in a controlled way consistently so in the end she knows that's what she is getting if she wants to keep approaching and unloading on you.

"I'll go and knock on her door. Oh what's the point, it'll only end up in a big load of abuse as usual"

Some people just don't listen and over step the mark unless it just becomes more trouble than it's worth.

elibabez
14-10-15, 10:00
I'd sit her down and tell her clearly what you've said. Say it's bothering you so you're asking politely not to do it. Baring in mind if it's cleaning and insomnia etc she may have some real mental issue and can't help doing those things as some sort of coping mechanism.

If she ignores your polite attempts and you're backed into a corner at her mercy I'd get her to associate too much aggravation with approaching you. Blow up on her if she approaches you, do it in a controlled way consistently so in the end she knows that's what she is getting if she wants to keep approaching and unloading on you.

"I'll go and knock on her door. Oh what's the point, it'll only end up in a big load of abuse as usual"

Some people just don't listen and over step the mark unless it just becomes more trouble than it's worth.

thanks for the reply, i suppose ill wait and see how it pans out

she isnt feeling well at the moment so she hasnt spoken to me at all for the last few days, and i hate to sound heartless but ive been rather happy when she doesnt speak to me :yesyes:

shelzmike
14-10-15, 14:18
How do your other housemates feel about her?