PDA

View Full Version : check in thread for 12th october

emily67
12-10-15, 13:17
hi all,

so after some gentle encouragement (thanks mark84!), I decided to restart with the check in posts.

so, how is everyone?. what is everyone's plans for the day, etc. how was everyone's weekend?

as for me, well.. didn't do much the weekend. on Saturday morning I watched the new Maranda heart dvd (what I call, live show), which left me shaking and really panicking- because even though it was live, it made me worry that I was going to be dragged off to the O2 to take part (and when they played Saturday night and they all danced, that really got me shaking), I always tell myself.. don't watch live dvds, they only makes your agoraphobia worse... still watch them though.

the dvd itself. not bad, but I think too much time spent on 1 subject. more variety would have been nicer.

finally got net flicks (i'd been thinking about it for a while), but actually sort of let down by it at the moment.. nothing on their I fancy.

watched pointless (you know the game show?). felt really sorry for 1 of the girls n their.. she knew nothing about the subject being asked about, had a go, got it right- and still left at the end of the round. my heart goes out to her.

didn't sleep all weekend (but is that really surprising, given that it's not in my dictionary really), and most nights read my book (still the new rector by Rebecca shaw)

had some really good food over the weekend.. pizza takeaway Saturday, and on sunday had southern fried chicken, chips and BBQ sauce (so totally scrapped the roast idea)

still feeling bad from watching the live show, I guess. that's why I didn't have a roast dinner.

how's everyone doing?

x

swgrl09
12-10-15, 16:17
Hey Emily, glad to hear from you. I was wondering where you had been. Hope you have been ok?

I enjoy netflix and hulu, I find between the two of them I usually can find something to watch. Sometimes it's hard to find things though and I have to do research about what's good. There are some articles online about things that are good to stream instantly.

I've been doing well, been a bit burnt out from work lately though. I took a long weekend this weekend and went into New York City with my husband. It was nice to get away. We don't go into the city as often as we should, it's only about a 90 min train ride for us.

I have today off and am back to work tomorrow. I was feeling pretty bummed out and depressed for a little last week, but getting out and having a few days off has been a nice reset.

Also been frustrated. We had a wood stove insert installed in our fireplace, but they brought the wrong size back panel. It's too small. They blamed me, saying my measurements were off, but I noticed when he measured again ... same measurements I wrote down. Not my fault, huh! So I have been calling every day to get an update on if they will bring a bigger panel and nobody is calling me back. I may drive over today. We want to get it inspected by the building inspector so we can use it and stop relying on oil (too expensive) but can't until it's properly installed. Ugh!

mark84
13-10-15, 12:32
Hooray I got a mention :) Glad you're posting again Emily.
Swgirl sounds like you're having some fun there, I hate when companies try to pin the blame on you, some of them are so good and happy to help and others seem to be desperate to blame anyone but themselves! Hope it goes right.

littlelostsoul
13-10-15, 12:38
Although i rarely posted, I do enjoy your checkins Emily :-)
Im having a rubbish week, still awaiting a talking therapy call, 3 have been made, 2 just didnt happen, 1 got cancelled. My bf of 2 years doesnt know if he can cope with my up and down moods and so is taking some time to decide if hes sticking around or not.
on the upside ive made 2 christmas cakes last night and they smell delicious

meche
13-10-15, 16:47
So far my week is going well. Crazy-manic at work but it keeps me out of mischief :D. Had a busy weekend with DIY/housy stuff & catching up with family. I was out running last night so tonight I plan to go home, put my pyjamas on & chill out for the night. Going to the cinema tomorrow night & boxercise on Thursday so need to recharge my batteries!!! Hope everyone else is doing well & having a good day. :bighug1:

mezzaninedoor
13-10-15, 17:47
Can someone explain what a 'check in' thread is? I only joined here about 3 months ago

mark84
13-10-15, 19:17
Can someone explain what a 'check in' thread is? I only joined here about 3 months ago

you err....check in :P say how you're doing, what you're up to etc.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

My bf of 2 years doesnt know if he can cope with my up and down moods and so is taking some time to decide if hes sticking around or not.

Maybe you should empower yourself and make the decision for him. Think about it.

mezzaninedoor
13-10-15, 19:26
Thanks Mark, I didnt mean to be doh!
I just sort of wondered therepeutically how it worked

Checking in with each other sounds a good idea
It builds a community with knowledge about each other and allow us to offload/update folks, share experiences

I shall bear it in mind, thanks again

swgrl09
13-10-15, 19:26
Nice to see more posters checking in. Thanks for motivating Emily, mark!

Still getting the run around from the company. I physically went there and spoke to a manager yesterday ... Still no movement. Ridiculous really. We spent lots of money on this to help heat the house.

Littlelostsoul ... If he chooses to not stick around, then you are better off without him. There are good people who would love you for your ups and downs out there.

littlelostsoul
14-10-15, 12:08
Nice to see more posters checking in. Thanks for motivating Emily, mark!

Still getting the run around from the company. I physically went there and spoke to a manager yesterday ... Still no movement. Ridiculous really. We spent lots of money on this to help heat the house.

Littlelostsoul ... If he chooses to not stick around, then you are better off without him. There are good people who would love you for your ups and downs out there.

Thanks swgrl09, amusing thing is hes known me for 10 years, but i guess knowing someone and haviung a relationship is much different intensity wise. I think he thought me being on meds would make me better instantly... unfortunately this isnt the case, and the fact that Mind are messing me about with my tlking therapies ive been a bit more down than up recently. such is life and all that. hope everyne else i having a half decent week xx

swgrl09
14-10-15, 12:13
It's hard for partners (also hard for us obviously) because they don't know what it's like a lot of the time to go through the trial and error of meds. It takes somebody patient and compassionate and I'm not saying your partner isn't, but just that it can take its toll on both partners in a relationship. Hope it works out for the best xx

Emily, hope you are still around? I will just keep posting on this one I guess and see if you see others are enjoying this.

I am having a tough week now. Husband got turned down for a promotion he keeps trying for and has been pretty bummed out. It has hit his confidence hard to keep being turned down. Roles are reversed and I am trying hard to be there for him even though I'm nervous about it.

STILL having trouble with this wood stove. My husband went to the store yesterday after they didn't return my calls again. They gave him a piece, it was the WRONG piece. I called and blew up at them. I usually keep my cool, but I call every day and nobody returns my calls. We spent lots of money on this and want to be able to actually use it.

Off to work today ... How's everybody else doing?

mark84
14-10-15, 14:06
swgrl, good for you having a go at the stove guys, they need a telling off!
Having a new bathroom fitted which was supposed to be completed yesterday, he's still working on it now, so annoying, I've put up with it for 10 days now!
I'm confused Emily, where's the 13th and 14th's check ins?:huh:

swgrl09
14-10-15, 18:20
Wow, ten days is a lot of time! Hope you have an extra available to use!!! I bet it will look great when done though.

MyNameIsTerry
14-10-15, 23:20
Crikey Mark, your bathroom must be huge!

pulisa
15-10-15, 09:07
I hate having workmen in but had to have our bathroom ceiling resurfaced as it was awful. The work only took a morning (first treatment) but the painter obviously stood on the loo seat and broke it. After eventually admitting that he was to blame the replacement seat arrived yesterday- a £5 Tesco "value" job. Admittedly the original was not a diamond encrusted de luxe model but it was durable and solid.

I expressed my disdain and was told "well, it's a toilet seat innit". I've bought another seat which is decent and will be awaiting the painter's return from a 2 week holiday in order to arrange a date for completion of the painting after which negative feedback will be a pleasure to compose on his website...:D

Emily, how are you? Hope you feel up to contributing again really soon. Going without sleep must be awful

ricardo
15-10-15, 09:33
Where has the painter gone,pulisa, two weeks in Miami :)

MyNameIsTerry
15-10-15, 09:50
At my last workplace they used to send out global emails to the site telling the women to stop standing onthe toilet seats. What the hell were they doing in there? :ohmy:

I've heard of hovering over a toilet but this is a bit extreme...but probably still more accurate than us blokes and can point & shoot :roflmao:

emily67
15-10-15, 10:27
Although i rarely posted, I do enjoy your checkins Emily :-)
Im having a rubbish week, still awaiting a talking therapy call, 3 have been made, 2 just didnt happen, 1 got cancelled. My bf of 2 years doesnt know if he can cope with my up and down moods and so is taking some time to decide if hes sticking around or not.
on the upside ive made 2 christmas cakes last night and they smell delicious

I love how like me, you're thinking about Christmas in the middle of October.

I all ready have decorations up and have decided on my advent calendar (a lint chocolate one)

and i've been online looking for a good sterrio system. that's what I want more than anything for christmas, so I need to get 1 ordered

littlelostsoul
15-10-15, 12:45
I love Christmas and love making cakes earlier because they taste somuch better when it actually is christmas, I also put my decorations up just after bonfire night :-)

swgrl09
15-10-15, 13:09
Good to hear from you, Emily. Love the holiday talk already!! We are still in Halloween season, but I have been making up my Christmas list already.

Pulisa - isn't that terrible how they treated you? I am writing a poor review online once we get our work completed. Hubby and I are going over together this morning, and I told him I am not leaving the store until I get the part I need.

Then working late today! Hooray for Friday tomorrow!

pulisa
15-10-15, 19:07
I do hope you got the part you wanted ,swgrl09, and that it's all systems go with the wood stove?!

Ricardo, I've no doubt that my "cheeky":D painter has b*ggered off to sunny climes where the loo seats are sumptuous and cushioned.

swgrl09
15-10-15, 21:08
We finally got it!!!! Took an hour at the store and a guy who works there saying he put it on the original delivery truck himself and had no idea why the installer told us the part didn't exist :doh: now just need the building inspector out tomorrow and we are good to go. Can't wait to use it.

pulisa
15-10-15, 21:15
Result!! Well done for your persistence and a good start to the nearly-weekend!

MyNameIsTerry
15-10-15, 22:40
So, between the truck being loaded with the correct part and your house, the part disappeared? I think we all know where that part endd up :winks: Sounds like a lot of things might be going missing off that particular lorry :whistles:

swgrl09
15-10-15, 22:52
Definitely does... Should have researched better before going with them I suppose! I will not be going back, that's for sure. I was ready to go in screaming after the constant calls I placed that went unreturned despite their assurances otherwise, but my husband - clearly the calmer of us - came and helped balance me out. I take after my father with the temper ...

swgrl09
16-10-15, 13:29
Happy Friday, everybody. What are you all up to this weekend?

I've got my nephews third birthday tomorrow and that's about it. I'm exhausted and just want to sleep! Feeling a bit anti social, don't really wanna talk to anybody. But here I am at work starting the day. Yawn.

ricardo
16-10-15, 13:53
So my wife and daughter had a midweek break at Babington House,in Somerset (to get away from me) very expensive but very casual hotel, and who was there none other than Harry Styles with a cute girl dancer.:ohmy:

swgrl09
16-10-15, 15:00
Haha, he's the one who left the band, right?

ricardo
16-10-15, 15:54
Haha, he's the one who left the band, right?

No, wrong. he is the main man :)

swgrl09
16-10-15, 16:01
Oh wow! Shows how much I know about pop music lol

pulisa
16-10-15, 17:14
He's the Mick Jagger wannabe....Hope your wife and daughter got a refund:D Horrible little boy

swgrl09
17-10-15, 15:02
Just checking in, seeing how everybody is doing? I am off to my nephew's 3rd birthday - Frozen themed! My sister asked me to pick up wine for the adults so I am going to see if I can find some with a winter theme just for laughs.

It's really getting cold now, getting our first frost probably this weekend. What is everybody else up to?

MyNameIsTerry
18-10-15, 09:16
He's the Mick Jagger wannabe....Hope your wife and daughter got a refund:D Horrible little boy

He can keep dreaming, Mick keeps the bar staff up late, not the beauty salon staff :roflmao:

Did you see the comparison of riders between the two groups? They might be old now but they put 1Erection to shame :winks: