PDA

View Full Version : cardiology appointment, reassurance needed

white1989
12-10-15, 16:13
Hi everyone,

I have an appointment at the hospital with a cardiologist next week and I'm seriously worrying about it. I've suffered with ectopics/PVCs/chest pain/tight chest sensations for on and off 2 years, and I've had tonnes of ECGs which have all come back normal. Basically the doctors can't find anything wrong with my heart so this appointment is the final step to have everything checked and see if they can detect anything.

I'm just wondering if anyone can speak from experience or knows what goes on in a general cardiology check up? Also, if my ECGs have always been normal then I'm curious as to what the cardiologist will be looking for/be able to detect that the ecg didn't?

I'm feeling incredibly worried and anxious that they will detect an undiagnosed heart condition or something really serious that the ecg's missed, I had a 24 hour ecg last year too which was normal but I didn't think I got any weird sensations when I was wearing it for the machine to pick up.

If anyone has seen a cardiologist or could offer any advice or reassurance it would be much appreciated, thank you x

Fishmanpa
12-10-15, 16:18
Pretty much more of the same you've already experienced. EKG, look, listen, review past test results. Based on the number of normal test results in the past, I can't imagine anything has been missed.

Positive thoughts