PDA

View Full Version : Rough weekend, rough month really

jadedreams
12-10-15, 16:21
Hey guys, this past weekend was pretty rough anxiety wise. Especially Saturday, my anxiety was higher than it has been in a couple months probably. My sister even came over and stayed the day/night with me, I haven't had someone do that in about a month.

I know I have had some stressful things happen in the past week or two, washing machine quit, cat got sick (he's ok now), big projects at work and then I accidentally cut my hand Friday picking up a bottle than had fallen and broken.

I was ok Friday night, but Saturday the anxiety just hit me. I went over to my nieces and was crying & talking to her a while. I went back home and my sister came over to show me her new car, one look at me and she decided to stay. I was sitting there on the couch and she was with me & the anxiety just kept going up. It took a good couple hours for it to go down some.

I'm just worried as the past month there have been more downs than ups, probably only a few days I'd call better. The month before I'd have a good week then a bad week but there were good weeks. I feel or am afraid I've taken a step backwards, I still just want to get better. Trying to find my hope and determination, been trying to practice acceptance but it is so very hard. I know I am still having anxiety about having anxiety, adding more fear to the cycle. Any tips for me? Thanks.

Oosh
12-10-15, 21:44
If you've had a few things happen that have taken you out of a good place make a bit of time and space for yourself to find a good place again. It's hard trying to find a good place when you're juggling work and problems. You can numb out and lose yourself a bit.

Do something tomorrow to give yourself something positive to wake up and remember the next morning.

Find a few hours peace and write down your problems, the things that are dominating your thoughts. Find a solution and some small steps you can take to gradually reach it. The first step an be tomorrow and then you can wake up and remember it the next morning and feel you're bringing about change which brings optimism.

Do something you enjoy. Find a way to laugh with a friend and watch the seriousness over everything fall away leaving you wondering what the big deal was.

Give your self some things to look forward to.

Do some exercise, ex bike, hiking, swimming. If you don't do that kind of thing, good, that change might be the thing that stimulates and wakes your mind up again. Exercise always makes me feel more organised and more enjoyment in simple things.

Music is a fast way to change your mood.

Do a load of new things and I bet you'll be observing you've found yourself in a better place again.

jadedreams
13-10-15, 17:54
Thanks Oosh for all the suggestions, I felt better for a bit last night, I seem to feel better in the evenings for some reason. But in the mornings it seems as soon as I wake up the anxiety is there and I get so discouraged. Not sure what to do about that.

jadedreams
14-10-15, 18:09
Ok, guys having a real rough time today. Went to a support group last night but they just talked about meds and not much else. So I don't think that one is for me. I was ok last night again, but this morning wham here is the anxiety and I dread it, fight against it and I know I shouldn't do that as it makes it more difficult.

I've had anxiety before but never like this, it was always health centered and when health problems cleared up so did my anxiety. Now health is better but anxiety is still here 6 months later along with intrusive thoughts and some depression. From June to mid-Sept I saw improvement, but now the last month I feel like I"ve been stuck or even gone backwards a bit?

I haven't had any "good" days in a while, I am tired, frustrated and down about this. I need to find hope that I can improve and encouragement. I miss the old me, I miss so much. I am still working and doing all the things I have to do, like going to the store, feeding the dogs and my cat. But it is so very hard and just feels like I'm going through the motions and existing. I'm worried one day I'm just going to fall down and not get back up from the weight of this. I want my life back, I just want it back. I've been crying at work and trying not to, part of me wants to scream and yell, part of me just wants a hug. Most of all I just want hope.

Sorry for the rant, but I really needed to get that out. Any and all replies or kinds words are so appreciated.

jadedreams
15-10-15, 15:30
Any thoughts anyone? Having a rough time and could use some support. The past few mornings have been really rough, I wake up and bam the anxiety hits me. My stomach hurts, my chest feels funny and I get dizzy. Then I starting worrying about it and the fear of not getting better kicks in. Trying to figure out how to break out of this cycle..

I want my life back so bad, not sure why I am having such a hard time lately. I've read a lot on acceptance and have been trying to but it is so hard to do that. I think it would really help me if I could do so, I've read Claire Weekes and think she has some great advice I"m just stuck on trying to follow it!

Any tips for getting myself to not focus on anxiety and on other normal things? I think that would really help if I could do that more.

jayb1
15-10-15, 15:46
Going through the same as you at the moment unfortunately stopping me from working because my agoraphobia has manifested itself big time. I desperately want to be me again even the crappy version where I could get to work and not do much else I can work on the improved version then! The way I'm dealing with it at the moment is meds, relaxation and hypnotherapy on you tube and seeing my psychologist once a week. My mum is my rock at the moment have you got someone just to talk things out with when your irrational thoughts take over? This site is also a great help to me sometimes just hearing other people's stories don't make me feel so alone

jadedreams
15-10-15, 18:29
Thanks Jay, I am still going to work at the moment, but I have to force myself to. I can't lose my job, have to pay the mortgage and get food, etc. I do have a good job and like all the people here. It's just this blasted anxiety, it feels like it is taking over my life. I was doing better a month ago and now I feel worse. I feel lost and alone, though I have family who will help if I ask. I just hate asking for it because it feels like I'm giving in to the anxiety. I do have a couple people I can talk to, but not anyone who's been through this so it's hard for them to understand you know?

I hope you are doing better and I will try to support you however I can! Hopefully we can help one another.