PDA

View Full Version : Stars in Vision When Looking To The Side?

worriednow22
12-10-15, 20:57
Ok,

this is something very odd and real. I get these intense little stars/sparkles in my vision when I strain looking to the side. Sadly, my back has some stray hairs on them and I pluck them sometimes right? Well, this happens when I am plucking my hairs.

I strain to look at the hair on my back and this is when the sparkles/stars happen. There is a flurry of them. Maybe like 30-50 total. They are best described as sparks or stars. Not like floaters, these things look like fireflies kinda. Like electricty balls. Anyways, I have had this happen off and on for many years now.

What concerns me is, I read online from a doctor, that looking to the far left or right and seeing your vision going out can indicate blockage in your cartoid arteries. Someone posted a question to this doctor about seeing fireflies in their vision and he answered that. This seems to only happen when I strain to look at a hair on my back below my shoulder. Almost like I strained my vision too much. But, I have also had this happen right after standing up from a hot bath. Right when I stand up I see the sparkles. These are the only times it happens. I would say this has been going on for about 4 years now. Happens every few months but I feel like I could induce it if I really wanted to by plucking some hard to reach hairs on my back.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

BTW....these are not floaters. I have floaters and they look like cells or worms floating around in my vision. These are almost like small little shooting stars or fireballs flying across my vision. Like watching a meteor shower really.

scared1998
15-07-17, 09:26
Hi, this exact same thing happened to me yesterday! I turned around in an awkward position to try and pop a spot on my back but then ended up with these little squiggles of sparks across my vision, just like little fireflies how you describe!

It really scared me, I told my doctor about it and he said it was probably a change in blood pressure. I too am worried about carotid artery disease, hoping it is not that as I'm only 18 :(

scared1998
16-07-17, 17:45
has anyone else had this??? really worried.

number one cat mom
16-07-17, 20:23
Hey everyone, I started getting these last year when I turned my head too suddenly and I immediately thought it was blood pressure related and I was really scared. Sometimes it happens to me and I get stuff that looks like little fireworks shooting across my field of vision for a short second. I went to an eye doctor about it and he said that it usually happens when floaters hit parts of your eye so your nerves interpret it as light. It helped me a lot because I have floaters and knowing that floaters cause that "meteor shower" instead of something heart related really helped. Now whenever I have it happen I think of it as my own personal fireworks show, then I have to sit down for a second :)

TattooArtist
17-07-17, 02:23
It happens to me from time to time.

Fishmanpa
17-07-17, 12:56
when I strain looking to the side.

Doing something that's not natural can cause a reaction. I've read dozens and dozens of such posts here. Whether it's on purpose such as in self examination or in this case just twisting yourself around to see a back hair, our bodies will react to an unnatural motion or position.

Positive thoughts

NancyW
17-07-17, 13:05
Pretty sure it's a tug on the retina that causes the sparkles.
I've been getting I lightening bolt flash in the corner of my right eye for almost 2 years. Had it checked by an Opthamologist, mine is a normal part of aging eyes. I'd venture to say the extreme position of trying to look at your back tugs on the retina just a little but enough to cause the sparkles.