PDA

View Full Version : Small lump on back right side of head

Da
12-10-15, 21:35
I have a small lump on the right side of the back of my head (probably 2 or so inches to the left of the top of my right ear). It's relatively soft yet firm and is less than an inch in diameter. I'm in the middle of a bad bout of hypochondria (I've had brain cancer, MS, and an aneurysm among other things all in the last few months lol :roflmao:) and it's really bothering me. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I should mention it's painless and I first noticed it probably half a decade ago. It hasn't seemed to grow at all throughout my life but it's really bothering me now that my anxiety is really bad (I didn't have bad anxiety when I first found it)

I'm getting a puppy tomorrow, I'm trying to stay on top of school, and my anxiety is already generally pretty bad, and I really don't have the time or mental fortitude to deal with this thing stressing me out rn :weep:

I'm a fit 17 year old male with mild hypothyroidism (mother and grandma both have suspected Hashi) and nothing terminal or scary in particular runs in my family. Any ideas? Should I even bring this up with my doctor (during my next blood test/physical or something) or am I worrying too much?

Traceypo
12-10-15, 21:53
I have a benign lymph node in my neck, it's been checked over, hasn't grown and been there for about 7 years. Try not to worry, if it hasn't grown, chances are it's nothing.
Get doctor to check it to ease your worry x

Da
12-10-15, 22:05
I have a benign lymph node in my neck, it's been checked over, hasn't grown and been there for about 7 years. Try not to worry, if it hasn't grown, chances are it's nothing.
Get doctor to check it to ease your worry x

Thanks for the reply. I too have palpable lymph nodes on my neck (one on the left side and two on the right, lower down near my clavicle). However I just feel like this is different. Do people get lymph nodes in the back of their head?

Lifelonganxiety!
12-10-15, 22:28
Hey,

Yes, there are lymph nodes in that area (if I'm understanding your description correctly).

The fact that you have had this for 5 years tells me it's completely benign though. We all have lumps and bumps on our bodies. We are just more prone to finding them is all!

Da
13-10-15, 03:05
Hey,

Yes, there are lymph nodes in that area (if I'm understanding your description correctly).

The fact that you have had this for 5 years tells me it's completely benign though. We all have lumps and bumps on our bodies. We are just more prone to finding them is all!

Thanks for your response :) I know I'm just overthinking