PDA

View Full Version : PANIC PANIC GO AWAY

smudgie
13-02-07, 23:45
Panic panic go away.
I wish, three today and in the end taken to hospital for help.
I average 8 a week but they are becoming more regular.

I dont know why, I have PD and of course worry about everything, I try to just think about the day but it never happens that way.
I feel guilty because my hubby is getting worn out and having help himself.

Im being asked to go back into the unit , the unit that just holds you in there , no treatment just safe place to be.
Selfharm is a big thing for me, its out of control and a cannot stop, a behaviour that has become me.

Anxiety is crawl and hard on you but is a big part of your life that wont go away.
I suffer morbid thoughts that my husband is dying , my daughter will die and all my cats will get knocked down. Its constantly on my mind all the time. I fear so much.

Who can relate to what Ive said? and what has happened for you.
take care
smudgie
x x x

ness

friends come into our lifes , friends leave your lifes, but some leave a huge footprint on your heart and never leave your side. i wouldnt be here without them

terry
14-02-07, 02:01
Hi Smudgie have u been diagnosed with PA? As ive never heard of anyone selfharming themselves as someone with PA would run frrom fear not inflict it however i hope ur ok terry

pamella
14-02-07, 09:43
my heart goes out to u as i no how demoralizing panics can be.u speak about a unit surely they hav someone there who can help.i wish i could h
elp u, hav u tried reading and putting into practise any self help books.i found claire weekes self help for your nerves a very good esay to understand and really helpfull book.take care.x

pjrobb

jrussell
14-02-07, 10:46
I feel for you so much, all our problems are the same but seem to manifest in slightly different ways. I am trying to learn positivity, I try and read anythig that absorbs my mind feeding it with positive thoughts, it takes time to make them your own, but hopefully bit by bit and lots of practice will push away the negative thoughts.

If you have a bad day then so what who doesnt, everyday is different and tomorrow can be better.

I am trying cognitive behaviour therapy which starts this week, I heard a doctor on Radio 2 recomend it with a very high success rate so although I cannot vouch for it I feel very hopeful. Hopeful is a good feeling!

I also bought the Linden method and one thing in particular meant something to me, all it was was when all these physical things are happening is to tell yourself "They are just sensations" they feel real but all they are are sensations. I have had panic attacks since a child, I am 40 this year, I have been thru different stages with this anxiety from very severe to controlable, and it took all these years to find one simple sentance made a huge difference to me. There is no miracle cure but every little small step makes improvement.

My motto is look how far you have come not how far you have to go and keep patting yourself on the back.

I have shared with you some of the things which are slowly but surely making improvement to my life, I really hope you find the things from wherever which help you X Julie

ps I haven't read this Clair Weekes book but have read alot of recommendations on this site, so I certainly intend to maybe we could share our thoughts on it!

davidthegnome
14-02-07, 13:27
Smudgie,

I have never really done the self harming thing myself unless it's with my thoughts. For example, some times I'll tell myself to stop being such a putz and quit worrying. That's probably not a very positive thing to tell myself.

That said, I believe I am living proof that anxiety does become less over time and becomes easier to manage. When I started this thing I couldn't sleep or eat well for many days, I had three or four panic attacks a day. Now I rarely have them at all. I still have some anxiety from time to time, but I am getting better each day.

I had a very rough time coping at first, but I'm doing way better and in time you will too. Don't let this anxiety fool you into thinking that it never goes away, because it does and it will. The body and brain cannot maintain an ever-increasing state of anxiety, sooner or later you will begin to calm down.

I never really was terrified of others dying, but I did have an intense fear at one point that I'd lose control and hurt those I loved the most. That was scary, but when I realized it was a symptom of the panic disorder and not my intention or myself, I was able to overcome that fear.

As Jrussel said, these fears and odd sensations are just symptoms, they will not hurt you or make you go crazy.

The selfharm is worrying and if you really believe you cannot stop then please seek out help from a psychiatrist and do everything you think you need to do to get better. There are wonderful, caring people out there who's job it is to make sure you feel better, to make sure you feel well enough to go on with your life.

Letting go of your fears is not easy, but it can be done over time and you will be able to let them go. Keep holding on, sooner or later these fears are certain to decrease as you realize that they are symptoms of panic disorder and not who you really are.

You care about yourself and are courageous and strong, I know this because you have sought out help just by talking to us here. As hard as it is to walk your path, you have walked it and are continuing to. Be gentle with yourself and please don't hurt yourself. It is not your fault that you are going through this, you didn't ask for it or plan it, some times these things just strike us and we feel totally overwhelmed. I promise you though, that a better day and better days shall come. This too shall pass.

We all believe in you and will be cheering you on. You'll be with us in our hearts. You will get better, it may take some time, but you will get better.

God bless you,

Dave

smudgie
14-02-07, 20:54
HI Terry
Yhank you for your response to my entry.
I dont think I explained myself very well, was very manic when writing.
I Do have PA but its a side effect to Personality disorder, along with so many other severe problems.

Im trying to deal with so much at once.
Kind regards
ness

ness

friends come into our lifes , friends leave your lifes, but some leave a huge footprint on your heart and never leave your side. i wouldnt be here without them

smudgie
14-02-07, 20:55
Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my story, I certainly found a safe place to air my thoughts and feelings.
kind regards
ness

ness

terry
15-02-07, 01:24
hi all i must admit i did have difficulty in understanding your entry but now we have that cleared up i would like to add a small note for those readers who may of had difficulty too PD panic disorder PD personality disorder= PD is known to take control over ones behavior in a traumatic situation known as dissocation,causing ones thoughts emotions feelings identity and thier actions to be removed from a normal function this being said will cause memory to be affected and lost therefore dissociation will cause one to take on a different personality once again terry