PDA

View Full Version : Group Therpay?

KW
16-09-04, 10:47
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has ever been to like group therapy? I suffer with social phobia (talking infront of groups) and i know they say to face your fears so wondered if this has been successful at all for anyone?

KW

Laurie28
16-09-04, 12:03
Hiya KW,

I have never been to group therapy before as theydidn't have such a thing at my doctors practise when I was at my worst (there were talks about it but don't know if it ever happened). I think I would have been especially keen togo to it as you are wih people who will 'understand' what you are going trough - like this forum.

If it is offered - try and go - not only will you confront one of your major fears but you will also come face to face with other sufferers

Love
Lucky

sarah
16-09-04, 17:57
Hiya KW

I did go to group therapy last year once a week for 10 weeks.
I was suffering from partial agoraphobia as well so it was really hard for me to even consider going.
It went really well and by the end of it, after meeting other people who were better and worse than me it made me feel not so alone. I met some great people and helped me come out of my shell a lot!!!

Definately give it a go if you get the chance!!

love Sarah
xx

sal
16-09-04, 23:22
Hi KW

About 3 years ago i did one and it helped just wished then i had realised how bad i was and would have reeped more.

Was scared to open up but once others did i realised my problems were quite minimal compared to theirs.

Would do it again tomorrow if given the chance. To spend time with people face to face who know what i am going through. Now i have a lot more experience to how i feel and would give it all to go through that again but when given the chance i hid and didnt want it.

Now how i feel i would be so different and aswell as helping me i know could help others.

Go for it and give it a try hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
19-09-04, 20:53
I did the No Panic telephone recovery therapy.

That was good cos you just called in once a week so you were still in the comfort of your own home.

They still run them but you need to be a member first (about £10 a year).

Nicola