PDA

View Full Version : Now it's a hernia

MissSunshine
14-10-15, 16:49
I'm self diagnosing again, all signs my health anxiety is sky high.
This time I think I have a hernia
If I stretch I will get this niggling pain around my belly button so I'm scared to lift anything heavy, I've had a baby recently and I'm even scared to lift her sometimes as she's quite heavy.
I've read that acid reflux is a symptom too however I've had acid reflux for a few years and been on omprazole since. Last week my acid reflux got a little worse so I had to take an extra dose

My doctor hasn't mentioned it may be a hernia even tho I've been ringing all week with all my symptoms he felt my tummy a couple of weeks ago and said its my my ibs

Does it sound like its a hernia to you? Can you get a sensitive belly button ( too the side of the belly button) without it being something wrong?
I'm so scared it is tho :(

Lifelonganxiety!
14-10-15, 18:11
Could it be a hernia? Sure. The only person that could definitely tell you is a doctor or someone who is qualified to examine you.

Hernias are fairly common and definitely treatable so don't let it cause a panic. In my experience it's more likely you have a muscle strain or as you say it could be IBS.

Have someone feel the area for any lumps or bumps (don't do it yourself, HA sufferers can find lumps on a sheet of glass!) and consult with a doctor if the pain worsens or any obvious bulges appear.