PDA

View Full Version : bruise question

Eggplant345
14-10-15, 18:59
hi. i am currently panicking about this blue bruise on my chest right above my breast. the first thing that comes to mind is leukemia. also, bad idea that i googled it because i read an another forum that chest bruises are something that people should be concerned about. also, i am petrified to go do my routine blood work because of the fear of the results. i had blood work done exactly a year ago and it came back normal. any help or advice, i would appreciate it. :weep:

Pepperpot
14-10-15, 19:03
have you not just knocked into something?

Fishmanpa
14-10-15, 19:03
The first thing that comes to my mind is it's just a bruise. We all get them and often times we have no idea nor recollection of banging ourselves. I actually have about 3-4 on my at the moment and I have no idea how I got them. My advice is to just go get your blood work done and ask about getting help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Eggplant345
14-10-15, 19:20
I vaguely remember hitting myself there but just once because of a chest pain I felt but not hard enough for it to turn out blue. When I have done it in the past it would only be a yellow bruise which is why I'm freaking out.

Pepperpot
14-10-15, 19:21
Blue is new - yellow is old :)

Eggplant345
14-10-15, 20:51
Well the bruise i have now is blue and it has the purple spots

Pepperpot
14-10-15, 20:58
It is in a very sensitive area - I wouldn't be too concerned. If you keep getting covered in bruises, then yes, but this is a one-off yes?

Eggplant345
14-10-15, 22:59
I'm not covered in bruises it's just that one.

Fishmanpa
14-10-15, 23:25
I've scratched an itch and gotten a bruise. It's not a matter of how hard or where, it's how our body decides to react to it. You banged your chest and got a bruise. It's really that simple and benign.

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
15-10-15, 01:15
Hi I found two bruises on my chest which were yellow. I put it down to throwing up so I guess it's just a sensitive area. Did you get your blood work done?

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

Also if it was my fourm post you read, I'm terribly sorry for being a part of flaring up ur anxiety, I know how annoying it is.

imfineokay
19-10-15, 17:20
Have you seen a doctor yet? (Just for a piece of mind of course)