PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety

imfineokay
15-10-15, 01:34
Hey all
So I've been starting cbt and it seems like it's going to help A Lot but I have been a fool and I looked at other forums of people who are worrying about leukimia like I am. They said that bad stomach cramps are a symptom of this. Is this true? I have this intense pain in my lower left abdomen when I walk sometimes and that combined with having two unexplained bruises on my chest last week (healed now) puts me on edge. Another question I have is can throwing up once cause bruising on the chest? Now I know not only not to google but to stop looking at other forums, ughhh seriously annoyed.

Mark501
15-10-15, 01:44
I once developed a fear of leukemia. I read an article about a man who had leukaemia, who happened to be my age. I associated the same age with the threat of being struck down by the same disease. But of course, it doesn't work like that.

Your CBT practitioner will get to the trigger of your fear

If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to worry about that in particular?

Ps. You're seeking assurances from people that your extremely common, and most likely harmless symptoms, are not associated with that condition. Even if someone told you no, you'd be concerned about something else only days later. Talk through with your CBT provider about your request for assurances.