PDA

View Full Version : Breast lump in thin female?

cricket0148
15-10-15, 02:24
Anxiety struck again today. Im a thin female, weighing 110 pounds at 5'6 and 38 years old. I suspected a breast lump before and had a breast exam at urgent care. doc said show me where you thought you felt the lump. i showed her and she said that was normal breast tissue/muscle i was feeling cuz when i had arm behind head it elevated i guess you could say. if i move my arm and hold that spot, it moves. She said then that im thin to begin with through my chest wall so yeah thats why i felt what i felt I suffer from costochondritis to begin with, which im still wrapping my head around what to expect. I was a little tender tonight as i have a great chiro who works the muscles and bones and focuses on my ribcages. Anways, to get to the point, what im wondering, if you are thin, and god i soo should know the answer to this, if you go digging/looking for something when you are thin like me, arent things more pronounced, as in you feel things more?? Someone please help cuz my mind wonnt shut off.

Fishmanpa
15-10-15, 02:30
You know full well the answer to your question! Go look in the mirror and tell your anxiety to STFU!

Positive thoughts

cricket0148
15-10-15, 02:35
Thanks Fish!!!! it needs to STFU. my mom said to me yesterday she has never seen me going to the doc so much in all of her life. Its one thing after another although yesterday i was right.... i didnt feel good and knew i had an infection, confirmed sinusitis at urgent care. those times i can deal with. i owe this to my stressful job/trying to make ends meet for my kids.... sends my health anxiety and general anxiety through the roof. I owe you... youve been my voice here and i cant thank you enough for all of your help... now where is that damn white chocolate... i hungry lol

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

not to mention i have had 2 normal chest x-rays in the last month or so and i read that breasts do show on there.

Fishmanpa
15-10-15, 02:55
. now where is that damn white chocolate... i hungry lol

I found white chocolate Kit Kat bars at Target and some supermarkets but all you need to do is put "white chocolate" into Google and you'll have plenty of options for sure!

Positive thoughts and yum!

Mark501
15-10-15, 02:56
Cricket, you inspire me.

I have the same degree of health anxiety as you, but for other diseases (obviously I don't have breasts). You have two jobs; one being for a living and the other as a mum, and yet you have to deal with crippling anxiety. So many others must be the same, but full respect to you.

I'm a man with no kids and a girlfriend who is equally as neurotic as I. I haven't many dependants in my life and yet struggle so much.

Hope all goes well.