PDA

View Full Version : cant deal with heart worries anymore

tiredofthis14
15-10-15, 13:16
im actually convinced im going to die in my sleep :( i have had lots of ecgs done in past with only 2 borderline abnormal coming back in which docs werent concerned i went on a mad hour and googled and now im convinced im going to die

Fishmanpa
15-10-15, 14:30
You've been convinced before and you're still here :D Once you get into therapy (you said you were being referred over a year ago... why hasn't that happened?) you should start to feel some improvement in your moods and thoughts. It goes without saying that staying off Google would be beneficial to your psyche.

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
15-10-15, 16:46
i had one session and then accidiently discharged me then i got better its only last few weeks iv gone bad again so re referred normally i can reasure myself against things where iv had alot of tests but the thing im worried about now i wouldnt know if i had and im petrified everyone around me said they are at as much risk and if they die in their sleep then nevermind i cant seem to think that way im 25 with two kids i dont want to die in my sleep!

2Anxious
15-10-15, 19:46
It's really one of the most ridiculous things to worry about (I know, I've been there) because if you did die in your sleep, you wouldn't even know it. You need to try and let go and just live life. If something like that were to happen (IT WON'T), there would be nothing you could do to stop it, so why waste time worrying about it?

The chances of dying in your sleep after being checked out is basically 0. You may aswell worry about getting hit by lightning twice at the same time. It's not going to happen.

We all need to drill into our heads that anxiety is the problem, not our health. The people you hear about dropping dead are people with underlying conditions that never had any symptoms so never got checked out. You have been checked out.

As I said, I've been in your position before and it's WAY easier to give advice than to take it, but I hope for your sake you try and listen.