PDA

View Full Version : In a im in a total mess re brain tumour worries

stressedmamof3
16-10-15, 05:01
in 2012 I developed left headaches and eventually got reffered for ct scan- all clear apart from being diagnosed with migraines. convinced myself I was dying at the time :(

since then I have had a few migraine episodes all on the same side.

2 weeks ago I developed a headache in the centre of my head, have had them before and usually sleep them off.
anyhow woke up the next day with random shooting pains in right head/temple area. as the week went on, I continued to get these pains 90% right side 10% left.
sometimes on my right side it is around and above my eye, sometimes its on top of my scalp. sometimes theres a burning sensation in my right forehead.
left side pains can be anywhere.
the pain above my right eye is especially there when I cough/bend/sneeze.
I managed to see my gp on Monday and she said it sounds like nerve pain and can last week.
she checked back of my eyes and couldn't see anything and she said if she was worried about anything she would tell me.
I have another appointment for 2 weeks time.
I also have an opticians appointment for Monday.
on a scale of 1-10 the pains when they come are only a 1, they are not debilitating but its just the fact they have been there for 2 weeks.
I am absolutely petrified of a brain tumour.
I don't think I have any other symptoms. I have tingling in left leg but I have been taken accupan and one of its side effects is tingling, so I think it is that.
at the minute, this is taking over my life. it is 4.45 in the morning and im at work at 9. I should be in bed but I woke and cant get back to sleep worrying. :weep::weep:

---------- Post added at 05:01 ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 ----------

i should also mention over the last 2 weeks I have had aches and pains in all 4 lobes of my head on both sides, some more than others..
also when I cough/sneeze I get a stabbing pain above right eye :(

carmen2012
16-10-15, 11:08
I too suffer headaches but mine are at the back of my head & I find that they come when I'm under stress... It sounds like your doing all the right things by going to the Dr & getting checked out .Trust your Dr if there was anything to worry about they would have referred you by now... I fully understand your fear as I'm going through the same try not to think about headaches as the stress & bad thoughts alone can cause tension in your neck & shoulders & give you a headache... I've just started drinking herbal tea in the evening as I find too much caffeine prevents me having a peaceful sleep... I hope that you start to feel better .

daisyflower
16-10-15, 19:55
What's the chances of you developing a brain tumour after your brain scan, next to 0. You obviously suffer with headaches anyway. I had a headache for 6 weeks once and headaches are usually rare for me. When I had it, I started to worry and the pains got worse and I got shooting pains and all sorts. Didn't go away until I had something else to worry about and forgot about the headache.
When I've heard about people with brain tumours, they have either debilitating headaches that they can't get out of bed with and feel like their eyes are going to pop out their head, or very different, very notiable symptoms...ie, going blind.
My bet is that you are fine. I've had had a headache for a week and a half since a got a virus, every day and brain tumour never even crossed my mind. No pun intended, hehe

squeak
17-10-15, 20:38
Similar symptoms to what I had in the past
I couldn't believe my GP when he said it was all stress
Like most of my symptoms it went away after scan showed nothing
Returned a few months ago after I heard about a colleague having an aneurysm but he is absolutely fine now. It made me see how our minds can conjure up what we are most afraid of. Now I heard about somebody having a rare heart condition and have chest pain!
The joys of health anxiety

And the aneurysm symptoms were nothing like this just to add!

stressedmamof3
17-10-15, 20:42
Thanks for the replies. Things have escalated since then, I have been to opticians and all fine. I started getting tingling in left arm and leg yesterday and ended up going to a&e, saw a go and he said he wasn't worried .
Pains have subsided a little but are most definetly then when coughing bending etc and when I do the valsalva manoeuvre, which is very worrying :(
My brain scan was jan 2013, a lot can happen in nearly 3 year.
I am so stressed ATM :(

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

We posted at same time squeak ! Did your head get worse when coughing etc x

squeak
17-10-15, 20:43
Every migraine I get is worse when bending / moving quickly etc, the headaches with a tumour are different. I don't have the link but try googling round earth head pain - I have used this site for various head issues and find it often provides an explanation for some of my pain patterns

Pepperpot
17-10-15, 21:38
The tingling is anxiety - that's what made me rush off to A&E. Bloody horrible it is. I hope you get sorted x

stressedmamof3
17-10-15, 22:23
My main concern is the headache worsening on coughing, bending etc :(

Fishmanpa
17-10-15, 22:33
Looking back at your history, there have been several occasions where you were convinced you had a brain tumor, as you mentioned here, all the way back to March of 2012. In all cases, the symptoms were similar and in all cases, it was not a brain tumor. This occasion is no different.

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
17-10-15, 23:01
I know exactly what your are saying re iv been here before, but I have never experienced pains on bending,sneezing etc.
I have just gotten back out of bed after going up 10 minutes ago, because I'm am now getting pains in head when I lie in my right side :( And a burning sensation above my right ear.

Fishmanpa
17-10-15, 23:26
No amount of reassurance is really going to help. If I say there's no way this is a tumor, you'll counter with some other symptom, real or perceived, that keeps you in your HA spiral. The dragon is a greedy beast and will do anything to keep being fed. Really, 3 years of various deadly ailments and none have proved real.....

I hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
17-10-15, 23:53
Really don't know how much more I can handle :weep:

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Just keep thinking that it is bad his time :(

Fishmanpa
18-10-15, 00:22
I saw you were on meds a few years ago. How about now?... therapy?

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
18-10-15, 08:23
No meds and no therapy atm, I have been well for a while with the odd minor blip. Normally I can pull myself together, but when I have 'red flag' symptoms of a bt, it petrifies me :(

stressedmamof3
18-10-15, 19:01
At present, I have an awful burning pain right forehead, which got worse when I was in the shower :wacko::wacko:

The pain on coughing etc is not there all of the time, just sometimes,