PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my Appendix :(

RossA93
16-10-15, 13:08
Hi everyone, I'm a 22 year old male and for around 5/6 days I keep getting a general discomfort in the lower right of my abdomen and I'm terrified that my Appendix Is going to burst :( the symptoms started around Saturday Night or Sunday Night of last week, I've been to see my doctor who pushed down on my belly etc. and he said I just have an active stomach and thinks I have a stomach bug, my doctor and my family & friends also said that If my Appendix was going to burst It would have happened by now since the symptoms have been around for nearly a week, and for the past 2/3 nights I've been waking up with a fast heart beat which Is worrying me now too :( am I just being too paranoid? Am I going to be ok? Or am I doomed :( someone please help!!

Fishmanpa
16-10-15, 14:14
You would have already had it taken out if it were your appendix. It's puts you down and fast!

Positive thoughts

Beckybecks
16-10-15, 17:42
I know how you feel and so I'm going to repeat what I wrote to someone else on here today who was also worried about appendicitis.

I developed IBS in my teens. It always started with a pain in my lower right abdomen and I can't tell you how many times I rushed to the doctor expecting it to be my appendics. He always diagnosed it as a spasm in my colon. Due to eating the wrong food or anxiety. Probably a comination of the two.

Anxiety always makes it worse so try to relax, eat the right food and do a bit of exercise.

If you had appendicitis you would be in agony so I think you can stop worrying.

I've had it for months some times, it only because I continued to worry about it.

I'm sure your rapid heartbeat is due to adrenaline from your anxiety.

RossA93
16-10-15, 17:54
Thank you both so much for the replies and reassurance! I guess I just need to try and keep my anxiety under control :(

JeffY
17-10-15, 01:58
If you think it's your appendix get it looked at ASAP! I waited about a month with mine, I kept telling myself it was gas or I was blocked up, and kept taking laxatives. One night it hurt so bad I went to the ER, they did surgery on me ASAP, they said if I waited any longer it would have burst. Don't stress the surgery it's not that bad and you might get a cute nurse :)