PDA

View Full Version : Its backkkkkk triggered by spouse leaving for travel

shanlynn1012
16-10-15, 17:41
I am a pancy anxious mess, haven't been for awhile but its been a rough two weeks and then I got two migraines so now I am in fear of them. Seems t start when my husband has to travel for work. In hindsight I think it happens each time. This time his training is 6 weeks, I am home w three small kids! I trust my husband completely I guess I miss him. I am a big girl and can handle my family but my anxiety has a mind of its own. Any advice?? I have four weeks left and cant feel like this.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Like a feel like a basket case on the verge of panic! Any tips on how to calm myslef.

gregcool
16-10-15, 20:53
Sounds like seperation anxiety to me..i used to get this when my wife went away on holiday without me because i couldnt fly abroard with her.allways got bad anxiety after she had left,but after a few days it got less...you will get there day by day

shelzmike
17-10-15, 06:56
I dunno, I have heard that separation anxiety is pretty severe and immediate, like clutching onto whomever is leaving for dear life. Many time, this type of anxiety is more related to agoraphobia or monophobia (fear of being alone). Many times, it has to do with lacking confidence to be able to "make it" alone.

In any event, it is anxiety all the same. Look at it this way, you have made it 2 weeks already and while you may be anxious and panicky you have made it this far! That is 1/3 of the way. If you have made it this far without anything happening bad, which is really the root of worry in anxiety, then you can do it for the rest of the time. Try to focus less on how long it has been or how long it is going to be and instead take that "big girl" attitude and just try being in the now as much as possible. No sense in worrying about things that "might" happen since we cannot possibly predict the future.