PDA

View Full Version : A question! Answers much appreciated.

Issy_Bum
14-02-07, 13:50
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a course or programme that offered intensive anxiety management?
I feel like if only I could go somewhere and get away for a week or more it would be really helpful and possibly be more effective than one weekly session.
Any information or links would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

davidthegnome
14-02-07, 14:26
That's a good question. I used to wonder about the same myself. I live in a pretty isolated part of the US, Northern maine by the Canadian border, not much for treatment up here, heck, I've been waiting like two months for my appointment just to see a psychiatrist.

I'm not sure what part of the UK you're from, but there might be something. Have you tried searching online? I know the dreaded googling can be a real bother, but maybe you'll have more luck with finding something than I did.

If anyone knows the answer to this question though, I'd like to know too. Such a place would be a fantastic resource for all of us, I should think. One day I'd like to have my own center where I can offer something like that, for a week, two weeks, or even a month, as long as it takes a person to start feeling better. Using alternative therapy, regular modern medicine, counselling, oh there are all kinds of things I'd love to do. Wish I could have found a place like that when I was really bad off.

Issy_Bum
14-02-07, 15:28
I live in London so I imagine there must be something but I have no idea where to look.
I agree, something like that would be helpful to a lot of us.

sarah1984
14-02-07, 17:21
See Spice's post on Day Centre, she might be able to help, although it seems that her experience of such a course could be quite distressing. Also, mumof3 seems to be attending something similar-see her success story on this forum.
Sarah

Issy_Bum
14-02-07, 20:34
Where's day centre or whatever, lol? I am a bit confused. Thanks for your help!

sarah1984
15-02-07, 13:15
It's the post just below yours entitled Day Unit by a member called Spice. Sorry I don't know how to link topics-lol!

Issy_Bum
15-02-07, 17:10
Oh, great. No problem. Thanks for your help!