PDA

View Full Version : What is working for me in stopping this.

DavidCQ
16-10-15, 21:56
This all started over 6 months ago. I was walking along and noticed there was zero saliva in my mouth. I got home and Googled this and found out it could be caused by stress.

I didn't think much of it and thought it would pass. This then turned into a month long sore throat and swollen glands. I went to the Dr and got bloods done etc all came back fine and I was told I had generalized anxiety disorder. I didnt listen at all and was 100% certain I had lymphoma. I kept going back to the Doctor and then ended up in A&E late one night having a full blown panic attack and thinking I was going to die.

Anyway after more tests I finally snapped out of the health anxiety phase.

What I am left with though is the anxiety including swollen glands, a numb type feeling through my jaw and my ears feel like they constantly need to be popped.

I also have very intrusive negative thoughts about stuff going on in my life.

Anyway here is what I have found to help.

I am not taking any medication but have removed caffeine from my diet. I don't drink anyway as I am a recovering alcoholic and haven't drunk for years. I have started to hit the gym at least twice per week doing spin classes which has really helped.

So lets be positive and look at what we are doing to get ourselves out of this mess.