PDA

View Full Version : very scared

jadedreams
16-10-15, 23:00
Guys, I"m worried. I have felt pretty rotten the past month with my anxiety. I was doing better and then I don't know what happened. I'm beginning to get worried this isn't going to get better. How do I help myself?

I'm staying by myself for now but would love to have family over again, but feel it would be a setback to do that so I don't know what to do. I'm still going to work, but it is hard (so hard) when I wake up in the mornings and get hit in the face with anxiety. I usually feel a little better in the evenings an hour two before I go to bed.

I even dread the weekends because I don't know what to do with myself and don't want to sit around feeling anxious most of the time. Can anyone relate or offer some words of hope and encouragement? It just feels like anxiety is controlling my life and I want my life back! Thank you so much.

Scaredlady
17-10-15, 13:51
Hi.

I can definitely relate to dreading weekends because I find my anxiety is worse when I am not occupied.

I was at a funeral early this morning and now I am at home on the verge of an anxiety attack and trying desperately to distract myself but I know rightly at some point today I will very likely be in a state.

I don't like to encourage constant emotional crutches but if you feel you need a family member to stay with you for a bit of reassurance, then arrange it and don't beat yourself up about it BUT before you do that try to get through the rest of the day by yourself and then see how you feel.

Sometimes I'd love to be able to phone someone up and ask them to come sit with me when I am in a state but I don't have that type of support structure.

I think we all go through stages- some days even for long periods at a time we will be fine and then the anxiety wave hits us and all of the fears come rushing back to us.

I will be online later this evening, so feel free to private message me if you fancy a chat.

Best wishes.

ray.olsen
19-10-15, 12:18
I've had the same experience before my friend. I was able to overcome that state by actually having people around me. It's hard to have anxiety and be alone. I have regular meetings with my therapist and I always visit my friends and relatives. In facing anxiety it's better to have the support and care of others. Don't isolate yourself. Talking also helps a lot. Interact with people you know. It's a good way to vent out your fears. Good luck and I hope you get well soon.

jadedreams
20-10-15, 16:24
Thanks Ray, I really appreciate. Right now every day feels like a roller coaster. More anxiety in the mornings, it can go up and down while I'm at work. And let me tell you it is hard to get myself out the door when it's bad in the mornings. I do have a job I really like and there are good people there, so that is not an issue. But I do have a worry of not being to do my job with the anxiety distracting, it's a fear really.

The other big fear I have is not getting better. I know I have seen improvements but this fear seems stuck in my mind. Trying to talk positive to myself about it.

The other thing that gets me is when I have any kind of stressors, they are magnified by 10. For example this morning I dropped my Mom's ring down the sink (lost my Mom years ago so it is precious to me) and I panicked til I got it out. Then I got a call from a remote work site that are waiting on a part, the guy was rude which is very unusual - that almost never happens with my job. Anyway I was in tears and shaking, hyperventilating for a while. Still upset about but trying to calm down.

Just trying to figure out how to ride this anxiety wave out..