PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a career in caring ?

FRANKIEISBACK
14-02-07, 13:56
Now I know this is a big field but is anyone a carer for say elderley people or disabled people?

I was thinking of becoming a health care assistant or auxillairy nurse as they are called but apparently its a lot of toilet duties and cleaning beds and thats not something I could do

there is a housing assocaition here in south wales that is often asking for care assistants, I know the wages are poor but who cares its important to do something worthwhile

mirry
14-02-07, 16:13
Hi Frankie, I used to do personal help for the elderly 7 years ago,.
it paid very well at £6.80 but wasnt very nice work, infact it made me feel depressed. But now I do home help in the community doing housework for the elderly and the odd bit of shopping, it pays £5.80 an hour not great but very worthwhile, I also get tips.
I only do 3 mornings a week .

Good luck.

mirryx

darkangel
14-02-07, 17:29
hi frankie

i did some voluntary work in a local nursing home a few years ago. This gave me a flavour to see if i would like to work in this type of environment.

In my case i found it too depressing although it is very rewarding.

Good luck

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

manmoor
14-02-07, 21:23
Hi Frankie,

I'm a scout leader here in my village and love it. It's voluntary and I've been doing it for about 6 years now. It keeps the kids off the streets and gives me pleasure too. xx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

FRANKIEISBACK
14-02-07, 22:30
thanks all, very grateful