PDA

View Full Version : Decongestant causing headache

Randara
17-10-15, 21:53
Hi

I've been suffering from Eustachian tube dysfunction recently which means that my inner ears are inflamed and I've been getting pain and a feeling of pressure as a result.

The doctor told me to take nasal decongestant spray but I'm not sure if it's really helping. It's been making me feel nausea and a bit dizzy.

Today I started getting ear pain in my left ear and a little headache, I took some of the nasal decongestant as I thought it may help but a few hours later my headache just feels worse and my ear not much better. I've taken paracetamol but that hasn't done much.

Has anyone else experienced headaches from taking decongestants?

I don't know what to do!! :(

Traceypo
17-10-15, 22:10
I suffer with ear problems in my right ear, when it is swollen, I feel sick and dizzy, I have tablets to counteract this, I also have pain in my head radiating only on my right side. I've found ibuprofen more beneficial, but otherwise I just have to wait symptoms out, usually pass in a week or two xxx

Randara
18-10-15, 00:03
Thank you for the reply :) headache almost gone now. Managed to get comfortable and was drifting off to sleep but my boyfriend was in the room and kept making noises so jolting me awake again. Now I can't sleep! Hoping I'll be able to get to sleep again soon x