PDA

View Full Version : Breast again

rebeccad
18-10-15, 07:19
So I'm back guys after 8 months of being health anxiety free, and it's the same worry, I had a breast scan in February and all was normal they said the lump was a fatty lipoma, now it went smaller and I could hardly feel it , I have another lumpy area in around the same place and the doctor said she wasn't concerned and to have my period then she would refer me if it was still there , this has sent me into panic , I can't stop checking over and over and last night 2 hours had gone past and I was still prodding. Now I know I shouldn't be but I literally cannot help it. I get stuck in a cycle and literally I cannot stop. I'm considering going back and demanding a referral quicker or even paying private. I was only at the doctors last week and feel embarrassed to go back so soon but it is ruining my life. I have just started a new job and I can't concentrate on the training because I have to keep running off to check. Now I know your going to say I'm making it worse and I know this but I honestly can't help it. I feel sick at can't eat and it's my sons birthday today and I don't know how I'm going to put my happy face on x

Traceypo
18-10-15, 08:19
Firstly, happy birthday to your son, we share the same birthday.
Secondly, ask yourself what can I do today about this, it's Sunday, docs are closed, emergency docs wouldn't do anything as it wouldn't be classed as an emergency, it's unlikely a and e would intervene either. Therefore, decide your plan, whether that be go back to doctors tomorrow and voice your concerns, follow doctors advice or pay for private scan. Once you've decided your plan, stick to it in your mind, when any worry or urge creeps in, tell yourself your plan over and over again and remind yourself there's nothing you can do today.
Enjoy your special day with your boy.
Xxx

rebeccad
18-10-15, 08:35
Thanks and your right I know , it's hard not to think of the what ifs , my lumpy area moves under my fingers this is a good sign right ? And happy birthday Traceypo x

Traceypo
18-10-15, 08:42
I've got a lumpy leg hun, totally harmless, my lump moves choose the right course of action that is best for you and accept that today, you can't do anything about it.
I totally understand how you feel, but the more you prod, the more you'll fuel your anxiety.
Xxx