PDA

View Full Version : Poking and prodding makes symptoms worse?

Njoy704
18-10-15, 07:25
So I went and had my blood pressure taken at a pharmacy on one of their automatic blood pressure monitors. The stupid thing squeezed my arm real tight and took so long to find my blood pressure rate, that I had to press the emergency stop button because my arm started to hurt. Anyway, I was having panic attacks afterward about it maybe causing a blood clot in my arm from cutting off my circulation for a couple minutes. I was fine the day agyer, no arm pain. I was fine 4 days after. But yesterday, I started getting some arm pain and was worried it could be a clot in my arm...so, I started Poking and prodding and massaging in case it was muscular. Today my arm hurts more... no swelling, no redness, and I can move my arm around normal. But the pain has increased.

My question is.... has Poking and prodding ever made your pain/symptom worse?

Mind you, I did have physical therapy 2 days ago and he had me doing new stretches and exercises. But it's for my legs and not my upper body. But I did have to use my arms to hold myself etc. So I was thinking my pain is muscular, but with HA you always think the worse and there's that part of me that's saying that the stupid blood pressure monitor gave me a blood clot. I wish I didn't poke and prod, because I feel Ive made it worse..