PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Gjr
18-10-15, 10:27
Hiya,

Thankfully, looking up symptoms on Google has helped me for once as this is how I found this site! It has made me feel so much better that there are other normal, sane people who suffer like me.

I have had health anxiety since childhood, but this has recently worsened considerably. Currently I am speaking with my GP about medications but I am concerned by side effects and becoming dependant. I started taking St John's Wort but the morning after taking it I had a numb and tingling face and lip so panicked and came off them.

I have had a virus, with body pain and really stiff strange feeling leg and arm which made me think I had a terrible illness such as MS or Motor Neurone, things really escalated quickly.

I am still trying to deal with this day to day but now feel that medication is going to have to be the next step. I look forward to exchanging views and opinions with you all

Gareth

venusbluejeans
18-10-15, 10:32
Hiya Gjr and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Scaredlady
18-10-15, 14:19
Hi.

I don't have a fear of a physical illness, instead I am absolutely terrified of going mad. What is St John's Wort used for?

I can relate to the Google mistake- I foolishly googled 'depersonalisation' yesterday believing it was really just a symptom of anxiety but ended up absolutely terrified after reading it is also a symptom of schizophrenia. So last night I was still awake at 4.15 enduring a terrible battle to calm down and stop being afraid- needless to say it was impossible to stop over thinking it.

Best wishes.

Gjr
18-10-15, 17:02
Yes, Google will really make you believe you have everything!

St John wort is for anxiety and low mood but is herbal I believe, I opted for it after being worried about taking Citalopram, but it seems everything has side effects.

Good luck with your anxiety