PDA

View Full Version : Im back and worried again.

TheMadOladCoger
18-10-15, 18:33
Hello,

So over the last couple of weeks I have been doing better, not amazing but better checking less and just doing my normal day to day stuff. Until this morning, I was just sitting down and for reason I checked my neck. I felt some Lymph Nodes and thats perfectly normal for me being rather skinny, I didn't think much of this but then I also felt a different Lymph Nodes this one was different.

I decided to have another check and a rub of it and it has set me off this is unlike any I have it feels like two attached to each other one on top of the other. I know this is a bad sign I think it moves but they are stuck together I don't know what to do, as its a Sunday my Doctors can't help and I don't want to go to the walk in centre as I am not sure if they will be able to help me. I am worried sick now I can't focus I know this is a bad thing when you google cancers it always mentions matted Lymph Nodes and I am now sure that is what these are.

I just need some help to keep me calm until I can get to the Doctors tomorrow as I just can't cope on my own with this.

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

I decided to go to the walk in centre as I didn't want to sit down doing nothing but worry. I saw a nice nurse who was quite understanding. He felt my neck and asked if I have had a cold recently which I had for the last week. He said he thinks that they are just swollen due to that. I asked about them being attached to each other and he said he thinks they are just swollen and close together not joined. He then said leave them for two weeks and if they are still there see a GP but for now he isn't worried about them at all.

I am still worried but I guess that's HA.

Peace

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Am I being silly? I haven't stopped worrying yet even after being told by someone I am sure is qualified to make the assessment on my Lymph Nodes.

Peace

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Can anyone relate to my problem? I don't really want to seek reassurance but right now a little insight into some one having an issue like mine would really go a long way.

Peace

pulisa
18-10-15, 18:37
The thing is we can't give you sufficient reassurance. I know it's hard but it's best that your GP gives his assessment. Good luck for tomorrow

TheMadOladCoger
18-10-15, 18:53
Thanks, I went to my Local drop in centre as I was very worried. The nurse there said that he thinks they were just swollen from a cold I had and that they weren't attached just swollen and close to each other. I am still worried so I think I will see my GP tomorrow just to make sure I know its silly but I have Uni this week and if I spend all my time worrying I won't get anything done.

Peace

pulisa
18-10-15, 19:52
I think that's a good plan. Wishing you all the very best