PDA

View Full Version : Iron tablets causing smelly urine?

LuSmith
18-10-15, 18:23
Has anyone else had this? I've started recently taking Ferrous Fumarate 210mg twice daily now and the last couple of days I've noticed my urine smells really pungent. It's got a weird kind of smell to it, and that's the only thing that's changed so I was wondering if it could be connected.

I don't believe it's a UTI and I usually get frequent urination and lots of bladder pain with that so I was wondering if it could be connected to the tablets.

I'm going to my mothers for a couple of days and I don't wanna be worried about getting ill while I'm there and away from home!

GlazedOwl
18-10-15, 18:46
I used to take them when I was iron deficient maybe two years back. Don't remember my urine changing, but as far as I know iron can change quite a few things in your system. My stool was almost pitch black from the stuff, sorry for TMI! Did the pills come with a leaflet with the side effects by any chance?

LuSmith
20-10-15, 00:03
No, what's annoying is that they didn't at all for some reason! I think the iron is probably doing silly things to my body (yay) and yeah I'm getting the horrible blackish stool now. I feel as though it's a little harder to pass and I think the constipation is pressing on my bladder :/ constant urination is no fun!