PDA

View Full Version : Waking with Palpitations

MagicMadjeski
19-10-15, 02:16
Hi all,

Been a while because I've been okish dealing with my HA but really need some advice on this one. The last couple of weeks I've had a bit of a cold and feeling really run down, just as I feel it is getting better I suddenly get the following symptoms and can't help shake the feeling something bad is going to happen...

Extreme fatigued (like a flu type tired) that no amount of sleep seems to help
Glands feel raised to the point it makes me feel sick
Aches and pains in my arms and legs
Toothache which comes and goes
Palpitations which have been constant for the past 24 hours which keep waking me up
Fast heart rate which even with relaxation techniques I cannot get lower than 70Bpm and is averaging around 80Bpm (at rest I'm usually 55-60) so may not sound high but is for me

I'm getting worried that every time I am unwell I get these palpitations which scare me half to death. Yesterday evening I woke up and my pulse was as high as 130 for a couple of minutes before I calmed myself down which suggests part of it is anxiety but then if this was just anxiety how could it wake me from a deep sleep? Surely I can't be anxious when I'm sleeping? I'm really at a loss of what to do and where to turn, this is affecting my life hard and I feel I cannot make work due to how awful I feel. Any advice would be extremely appreciated :)