PDA

View Full Version : Lump on my Leg

AnxiousUK
19-10-15, 09:48
I'm 28, I found a hard immobile painless lump on the lower part of my leg, about half way up my calf and off to the side. I went to my GP by he quickly brushed it with his fingers and dismissed it as a Lipoma.

Everything I've read says how Lipomas should be soft and mobile and how they are unlikely to develop in locations like this.

It's eating me up inside and all I can think of is how it's a Sarcoma and I've got cancer and I don't know how to get help about it and there aren't any other GPs in the practice so I can't get a second opinion.

Also it feels bigger when I tense the muscle in my leg, you can barely feel it when the leg is relaxed. There are also two smaller hard lumps near it.

AnxiousUK
20-10-15, 16:26
Well I spoke to my care worker today about it, I have an appointment for a seperate physio issue with my leg coming up in a few weeks and I'll mention it there too.

I'll keep this thread updated the more I find out, In my mind I feel like I'm already screwed as Sarcomas are so often misdiagnosed and I feel like that is what has happened to me.

AnxiousUK
21-10-15, 13:32
I've applied for a second opinion from the HDA Patient Care Trust, unlikely I'll get it but I won't stop trying things until I get it checked out some more. Apparently I'll find out sometime after Tuesday.

I've rang my GP again and although they don't have another Doctor they do have a Pratice Nurse, So I'll be seeing her tomorrow and I'll discuss the Lump with her in the morning.

I contacted a Doctor at the HealthTap website but all they could do was tell me to get a second opinion.

AnxiousUK
22-10-15, 10:12
I saw the Nurse, she was very nice and could feel the lump and commented it was quite hard but told me there was another GP only available on Monday mornings so she booked me an appointment with him as that was all she could really do.

When I see him I need to point out:

1. It is hard.
2. It is fixed to the muscle tissue.
3. You can't feel it when the leg is relaxed.
4. When I tighten my leg muscles it grows bigger and gets harder.
5. I believe it is slowly getting bigger.

Hopefully he will send me in for further testing, I'll ask him to if he doesn't suggest it, either an ultrasound or a biopsy.

AnxiousUK
22-10-15, 23:51
I feel like I'm losing my mind, I can't stop thinking about it and it's making me feel like I'm going to throw up. There is nothing to comfort me every single website says the same damn thing hard immobile lump equals cancer.

I'm trying to tell myself Sarcomas are rare and even rare past childhood but it doesn't change the fact they do happen and they are all hard immobile lumps.

I'm so scared.

Fishmanpa
23-10-15, 00:16
You've googled to the extreme, fed the dragon and he's got you in his fire big time. "When" you find out the same thing from your second opinion, hopefully you'll get help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

AnxiousUK
23-10-15, 12:17
You're not wrong, I've read about Sarcomas excessively but it's all I can find for hard fixed lumps in the soft tissue of legs.

I spoke to my care worker today for my for a seperate anxiety related issue and she urged me to go back and remember the CBT and techniques I had learned for health anxiety several years ago. I am trying but those were fears of what ifs and maybes, nothing physical like a hard fixed lump on the muscle of my leg.

I can't tell if it's bigger again today or I'm distorting it in my head, I'll do my best to ignore it until Monday when I get a second opinion.

AnxiousUK
26-10-15, 10:14
I've just had my second opinion and he has set up an ultrasound in six to eight weeks at the hospital. He did this because I was concerned and was originally just going to have me come back in a month.

He felt that it was a Lipoma, I asked him why it was hard and immobile and he said he believed it was immobile due to its location (side of my calf few inches above the ankle) but didn't explain why it was hard and why it shrinks and grows as I flex the muscle.

I wanted a biopsy but this is what he was willing to do, I know ultrasounds rarely show Sarcomas so I don't have much hope. I'll speak to my physiotherapist next in a few weeks.

I can't help but keep imagining it growing and spreading throughout my body.

The lump feels bigger, there is a second smaller lump attached to the bigger lump which you feel when the muscle is tensed tight. I feel like I'm going to puke and my heart is racing.

AnxiousUK
21-11-15, 11:02
I have an ultrasound on the 2nd of December on my leg. I feel sick.

stressedanxious
30-11-15, 15:28
Hope everything goes well.

cw75
06-04-17, 13:09
Hello
I know this post is a couple years old but I have the same thing and worried sick about it! I have an MRI next week on my thigh with the muscle type lumps. I hope all is well with you and that the lumps were benign.

ashyam86343
12-05-17, 10:51
Hi CW75,
Did you get tested ? what was the result.

I feel if it doesnot work, try to reach out naturopath like Ayurveda or Sidha.

Live strong

Darren O
12-05-17, 18:48
I have 3 lipomas myself, I had mine looked at again and was told again lipomas

ashyam86343
18-05-17, 14:09
It is curable with increase of Immunity, efficient way through herbals. try to go with Ayurveda or Sidha. i have seen this worked.

roseanxiety
19-05-17, 20:20
Whatever was this?