PDA

View Full Version : Hello, My name is Simon :)

Simon1986
19-10-15, 15:18
Hello Everyone,

My name is Simon and for the past 9 years I have been struggleing with Panic, Anxiety, Depression and stress. Currently I have been off work for about four months now after a stress induced breakdown. This time I decided to go through CBT again because the thought of having to start again from scratch was making me suicidal.

My CBT therapist has suggested that I join one of these online communities to try and get help and support from people who can relate to my situation.

I look forward to talking to you all and I hope that I too can help support other people :)

venusbluejeans
19-10-15, 15:23
Hiya Simon1986 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

jayb1
19-10-15, 16:54
Hi Simon. Best thing I ever did joining this site. When I first went off sick 11 months ago I felt very isolated . the people on here are lovely and give loads of good advice . I'm sure you'll find it as beneficial as I have

Pepperpot
19-10-15, 17:27
Hi Simon - welcome :)
Hope you find it useful here x

ana
19-10-15, 17:58
Hello Simon, and welcome!

I've been a member of this site since 2003, and I have found it incredibly useful to read other people's posts and to interact with those who understood what I am going through. The NMP community are friendly and helpful, and I am sure you will find the site useful. :)

Simon1986
19-10-15, 18:31
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and kind words :)

I have read through a number of very helpful posts on here today. Just knowing that there are other people out there who feel just like me has reduced my anxiety just that little bit :blush:

Pepperpot
19-10-15, 18:48
Good - we aim to please :D