PDA

View Full Version : Cheek concerns

Morecakeplease
20-10-15, 12:25
Hi

I'm new here but not to health anxiety unfortunately, although recently i have been making some progress.

What i have come across recently though has worried me a little but i don't want to go running to the drs!

I have what feels like a squishy lump in my cheek, Its more up towards my ear rather than towards my mouth and i can only feel it if i place one finger in the outside of my cheek and another on the inside . I *think* i can feel something similar in my other cheek although not as prominent.

Does anyone else have this? im not sure if its part of the normal anatomy or not :(

Thanks in advance for any responses i get xx

Iblametheparents
20-10-15, 15:35
Parotid salivary gland?

Morecakeplease
20-10-15, 16:02
I suppose it could be, I'm trying not to google as I'm sure it would throw up all sorts of tumors and other sorts of ailments 😜

I was just wondering if others could feels these squishy sort of lumps in their own cheeks.

Iblametheparents
20-10-15, 17:12
You want us all to be groping around inside our cheeks? :roflmao:

Maybe you bit the inside of your cheek. If it isn't stony hard I wouldn't be getting too excited.
One time, there was a swelling on my hard palate. I thought I had mouth cancer, even though I don't smoke. It turned out to be trauma from a sharp bit of pizza crust.

I sometimes wonder what damage I'm doing my health by being perpetually worried.

Morecakeplease
20-10-15, 17:21
LOL i can imagine people now with fingers inside their mouths!

No, i don't want people to start fiddling around, just wondered if anyone identified or had the same as i do :roflmao::roflmao:

It's not stony or hard, its very squishy and soft and moves under pressure which is a good sign i suppose!

Im fighting the urge to stay of google which is why i thought i would come here first :)

xx

Iblametheparents
20-10-15, 17:33
shall i google it for you? :hugs:

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

That was a mistake. Lots of people talking about lipomas on their bum-cheeks. I'll leave it there.
Give it the 2-week rule. Don't visit the GP until 2 weeks after you noticed it, by which time it'll either have gone, or you won't feel so foolish going to see her.

Morecakeplease
20-10-15, 17:35
LOL! Now i bet that's an experience to Dr Google you won't want to repeat!

Thanks though ;)

hopeful927
20-10-15, 17:53
I've felt the same thing, and the more you feel it, it will start to swell and feel like a bruise. Yes, I've even gone to the doctor about this. Man, we are so similar with our health anxieties. I was feeling and feeling inside both sides. We are a crazy bunch. Yes, there is one on both sides, and it is normal for them not to be exactly the same. Stop googling, stop feeling. Breathe, tell yourself you are fine and get busy doing something you love!

Iblametheparents
20-10-15, 17:59
Wow. I thought Morecakeplease would have the monopoly on this one!
Sound advice btw.

Morecakeplease
20-10-15, 18:16
Hopeful thanks so much for your reply, really puts my mind at ease.

Last thing I wanted to do was go running to my GP as I think that only fuels our health anxiety.

Xx