PDA

View Full Version : Carbonmonoxide alarm?

phil06
20-10-15, 22:55
I have yet to test mine since moving to my new house. In the shower earlier I heard a beep but was more like my doorbell to be honest I assume these alarms give a constant ring like a smoke alarm? And it was about 3 hours ago so would be not well by now right? Am I over worrying?

It's a back boiler so I worry as its not a new type as well.

Pepperpot
20-10-15, 22:59
Yeah they do usually give an constant beep if they are set off, but normally beep intermittently when the batteries need changed. All alarms are different though, so best thing to do is google make and model for the manual. I did this the other week for mine as I misplaced the manual and I had forgotten what the light meant on it x

phil06
20-10-15, 23:38
Yeah they do usually give an constant beep if they are set off, but normally beep intermittently when the batteries need changed. All alarms are different though, so best thing to do is google make and model for the manual. I did this the other week for mine as I misplaced the manual and I had forgotten what the light meant on it x

So I will be safe then? I will test it before the end of the week.

Randara
21-10-15, 21:23
I had massive anxiety one night last week when I realised we didn't have an alarm and went and got one the next day . Fairly sure what pepperpot said is correct about battery being low and googling the manual.. If you're worried about it working properly there should be a test button, that should give you an idea of what it sounds like when it's actually going off. If you need to get a new one is recommend the one I got which is fireangel, it has a screen which tells you how much carbon monoxide is in the air (good for me as I'm a worrier)