PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pains and constant tingling/itching in limbs

Ljaay
20-10-15, 23:20
So I have had constant nerve pain, primarily affecting my legs, for the past two or three days. The pain is shooting/stabbing, and also affects my hands and fingertips. My legs tingle so much that I have scratched them to pieces.. I've also had swollen lynph nodes in my neck and swollen tonsils for a month. Seen doctors who have said post viral issues, but this pain is so intense its stopping me from sleeping/walking. Can this be caused by anxiety?

daisyflower
21-10-15, 13:00
Definitely. I'm going through something similar with pinching pains in my limbs and joints, dr said post viral and anxiety. Anxiety can make you much more sensitive to pain, so whereas others may not even feel it, anxiety makes you feel everything so much stronger. Tension also causes a lot of pain x

Ljaay
21-10-15, 17:49
Ah really? Comforted to know that someone is going through the same thing, although sorry to hear you are struggling too. When I exprrienced uncontrollable muscle twitches and tingling all over i of course assumed the worst (Guillain-Barre, MS or ALS, or Hodgkin's Lymphoma). But the Dr prescribed me some diazepam to help me calm down and sleep so hopefully that will help. How long have you been having the problem? Hope you're not feeling too bad!

daisyflower
21-10-15, 18:13
I've had it almost 3 months! It's a worry to me but I'm trying to kind of get on with it as best as I can and ignore it. As my doctor said, everyone had aches and pains every day and just don't really notice them. I'm really scared of going the doctors and of any tests which doesn't help so I'm just praying it goes away x

TheMadOladCoger
21-10-15, 18:20
I have been Itchy of resent weeks and have been having a lot of pain in my arms and legs, I also keep getting swollen Lymph Nodes I have seen my Doctors who think I just have a Virus like you and my Anxiety is making everything worse. I have brought it up on here in the last couple of days and I agree with what people have said. We need to trust the medical professionals and just try and live with it, we are hypersensitive to everything as we suffer from HA.

Peace

Ljaay
21-10-15, 18:37
Oh no! Sorry to hear it's been going on for so long. My problem has only been going on for a month (as has my HA - before all this was a heavy smoker, daily stinker and hadn't been to a Dr in three years) but I'm worried about it not getting better. I've had 11 appointments with GPs and just booked to see an ENT and neurologist. Hopefully with their reassurance I'll finally be able to calm down and accept that I am going to be fine. Hope you guys will too! If you don't mind me asking, how long had HA affected you? I've had anxiety, eating disorders and depression for a long time before but it never produced such profound physical symptons which has what has transferred the anxiety to my body in this way.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

*drinker!

daisyflower
22-10-15, 11:23
I've had HA on and off for 7 years. What I do find is that I get physical symptoms when I get stressed and unhappy, which tend to drag on a lot more than they would for the average person, for example IBS type pains for a month or leg ache for 3 weeks, etc. This then causes my health anxiety.