PDA

View Full Version : all triggers today

jayb1
21-10-15, 12:32
Well I'm heading tested today with all my triggers. Eye all red and inflamed I've been to drop in centre horrendous and told I have to see gp for antibiotics. Was doing so well got myself down to taking only half a diazepam for the last five days. Already taken one and a half and I'm still in complete panic mode. Panic disorder and agoraphobia and going to GPS really doesn't mix ,have had telephone consultations for last 10 months so this is going to be the hardest day ever for me. If you read this thank you and say a prayer for me to get through it

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

On well if things couldn't get any worse if I don't respond to antibiotics I've been given I could end up in hospital on an iv drip . now I'm really panicked

pulisa
21-10-15, 13:52
Did the GP say that? If so that was very stupid given your panic disorder. Give the antibiotics a chance and I'm sure they will work but it may take a day or 2 to make a difference. What have they diagnosed you with regarding your eye infection?

jayb1
21-10-15, 15:37
I understand he had to give me all the implications but it was very frightening. Walk in centre and gp said something called occular cellulitis (which of course I've googled why do we do that?) I was just convinced it was bad eczema which I always get with bad bouts of anxiety but we'll see. Contingency plans in place just in case it is a hospital stay ! Think the diazepam have worked wonders today. Due to speak to my usual gp tomorrow for my routine telephone consultation so will ask him a few more questions. Too shocked before to get the ins and outs.

shelzmike
21-10-15, 17:12
Isn't it odd that a lot of our worry is technically a survival mechanism yet we get bad anxiety/panic at the hospital, dr.'s office, etc? I mean, if something were to happen (unlikely, but addressing the anxious thoughts), what better place to be? Just goes to show how illogical our thinking really is made out to be by anxiety though.

Sounds to me like you are doing all that you can do in order to handle things. Remember, we cannot predict the future, yet that is what our anxiety is about - worrying about things that might happen, that never really do, right? I have been really trying to focus on the present moment in time, here and now. Saying things like "except for the anxiety, at this current moment I feel fine. There is no reason to think, nor any evidence suggesting, that I won't be in 10 minutes, an hour, etc."

Mike

pulisa
21-10-15, 18:40
Too true, Mike.

Jayb, your best bet may be an ophthalmologist at the optician's. Far more eye-related knowledge than a GP..?

jayb1
22-10-15, 14:24
Thanks for your replies guys. Faced my worst anxiety trigger today travelling to local a &e. Saw doctor and consultant it's only infected eczema they said my gp was a little bit overzealous but infected eczema can turn into cellulitis if not treated properly . I'm fine with oral antibiotics , antihistamines and my usual eczema cream. No hospital stay !!!!!