PDA

View Full Version : mucus. how much is normal?

xtine
21-10-15, 12:05
Hi everyone
I had a tummy bug (that's what doc said) & I also suffer from ibs for many yrs off and on. The ibs kind of symptoms have not cleared....they get a little better but not completely gone and im still having a very bland diet. All through this I get a fair amount of mucus when wiping. ...I ve had this before also but didn't last so long, this had been goibg since this bug thing which started with shaking feeling in the stomach and me feeling very unwell with watery stools. So few days ago watery again and increased mucus. Does anyone have or had this? And how much or how long is this mucus thing last for? I don't want to look it up as it will give me anxiety or should I say more anxiety with self diagnosis. Could it just take ages for my insides to fet back to normal?
T.Y

HopefullyFearful
25-10-15, 23:41
I've been living with IBS-C for over 3 years now, with panic attacks associated with it. And yes, for me.. Mucus is very normal now.

xtine
30-10-15, 11:58
Thank you Hopefully Fearful for your reply. I m not happy that you have this but I guess i feel better im not the only one. My keep trying to stay calm and mot go full anxious but I sometimes can't help thinking the worst. I appreciate your reply..I hope you are having a nice day.

HopelessWorrier2011
22-11-15, 14:20
I'm going through the same thing at the minute, stringy mucus in toilet bowl and I too am freaking out although I have been diagnosed as 1st degree internal piles and mucus has been a regular occurrence for many years. It doesn't get any easier I really feel for you xxx