PDA

View Full Version : Huge health scare, collar bone lymph node!

Mamafox2
21-10-15, 21:00
3 months ago I went through testing about a ground lymph node my surgeon told me it was fine but sent me for a core biopsy and then the radiologist told me it looked like a normal healthy node and took multiple aamples anyways, tests came back normal and my surgeon said he will keep an eye on it the next 6 m to see if I want it removed. I was calm and relieved bc I literally thought I had follicular lymphoma, now 3 months later I found a soft moveable pea at the base of my neck above my collar bone in that hollow spot. Insert extreme panic. I can't get into the surgeon till 2 weeks, I feel so sick and scares I can't believe it's happening, as chonric lymph node checker u know that's a place u never ever want to find one!

Lifelonganxiety!
21-10-15, 21:22
Hey Mamafox. You found something because you went looking for something. I just did a check on myself and found a few bumps I didn't know about. Everyone has them. Everyone has lymph nodes that they can feel. Sometimes they go up, sometimes down.

Besides, you said it's small, soft and movable. That in itself should tell you it's nothing to worry about. Please don't worry about this.

Go see the doctor when you can for further reassurance but don't panic over this. Please.

Mamafox2
21-10-15, 21:46
Thanks for the reply... But I thought the collar bone area was the worse location and almost always meaning cancer.

Lifelonganxiety!
21-10-15, 22:37
Honestly, nobody here can diagnose you with anything, so you should definitely get it checked by a doctor if it is of concern to you.

As someone that pokes and prods though, you may have just inflamed a node by poking it.

Get checked for peace of mind, but don't prod at the area too much as it can make it worse.

Mamafox2
21-10-15, 22:41
Appt is nov 2, just so nervous hard to believe I found one there and it's clear as day too so had to be new

Dolphin8808
23-10-15, 17:53
you can still feel them at the collar bone even when totally harmless. Doesn't mean much. Google is the enemy remember, don't look online. I just went through the same scare and my doc checked me out and gave me the all clear. Thank God!

Mamafox2
25-10-15, 01:12
Dani, yours was ABOVE your collar bone or in another region?

Liv7117
26-10-15, 01:30
Hi I don't really go on here all that much anymore, but I went through something similar and I can imagine how anxious you must be. I have a swollen collarbone lymph node as well and it has been for about 3 years now. I got it checked multiple times by my doctor who said it was fine. I really wouldn't be too concerned, get it checked but I'm sure it's nothing sinister:)

Mamafox2
26-10-15, 13:00
I'm waiting at my Drs right now.. Not my surgeon just my family dr but hoping he has some insight.. I really apperciated reading this made me feel better and I'm hoping I'm in the same boat