PDA

View Full Version : Safe to take propranolol with a cough/chest infection?

Hannabubble
21-10-15, 23:55
Hey guys. I'm new here.

I got prescribed 40mg propranolol about half a year ago but have been to scared to take it. It was prescribed to me for palpitations.

I'm laying in bed right now and can feel my heart skipping beats frequently. I'm considering taking a propranolol but unsure if it would be safe as I have a nasty cough with green phlegm. Breathing is tight and hurts which makes me even more anxious.

Someone please help me! I'm scared that if I take one I won't be able to breath/make my lungs and breathing feel even worse.

I don't know what to do! :weep:

karenp
22-10-15, 08:33
Oh it will be fine darl. I have been on it a few months now 3 x 40mg. It should really help your palps. Get well soon Karen x

23tana
22-10-15, 08:49
I'm on propranolol and have had a bad cough and cold for 2 weeks now. I've had no problems with taking them.

Hannabubble
22-10-15, 14:37
Thanks for reassuring me.

About an hour and a half after taking my pill last night my heart felt like it was nearly back to normal again so I fell asleep soon after. This was a blessing! I feel fine today too, for the first time in nearly a week.

I get nervous about pills I'm not sure about/not had much experience with.

Probably coincidence but it feels like I've got less mucus today, although this could be because that's the best night sleep I've had in ages now.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to my worrying. It's strangely comforting to know that other people are going through the same thing. Palpitations are terrifying. I'm due to get a 24 hour holter done within the next couple of months to check I don't have any heart rhythm problems. Really nervous as it feels like I do as I get dizzy and short of breath.

karenp
23-10-15, 07:39
It's probs just anxiety darl not anything to worry about. Anxiety is so horrible hey. Glad Propranolol has helped calm you down a little. Hope your infection is clearing up too xx