PDA

View Full Version : What's helping me at the moment

Alice1
22-10-15, 01:32
Hi guys, not been feeling too awful recently. Have had some panic attacks and pains etc, but things seem to be looking up.

What's helped is joining my uni rowing team. Every session was and is terrifying. The erg machines I worry about my heart and breathing. The circuits the same. I force myself to run some mornings and it sets off heart palps. The water sessions I worry about infection, falling in, hypothermia, heart pals etc.

Yet... I feel stronger!

I'm also going to meditation (not really a class as I know how to do it, just something that makes me do it) once a week and am trying to be more relaxed and kind to myself. I've found it amazing just how much anxiety I can have without realising, and how much better I feel once I start reasoning with myself.

I'm also trying to be a vegan and do feel a tiny bit better, even just psychologically... Although I have eaten ice cream and had milk in tea... Oops.

Anyway, just a positive update :)

MyNameIsTerry
22-10-15, 04:53
Thats great news, Alice. :yesyes:

You really are challenging your fears too with the rowing & running. Hopefully the more you do this, the more your fears will dissipate.

Meditation is a great helper. I found Mindfulness meditation resolved my intrusive thoughts as well as make me less anxious in general which meant I coul start working on the CBT targets I failed to achieve as well as reduce many of my compulsions to extinction. Have you thought about Mindfulness? There are a load of free resources in the thread in my signature if you fancy a look?