PDA

View Full Version : Odd Symptoms

SoraStar
22-10-15, 04:15
Hey guys!

A few hours ago I was at my computer just talking to friends and browsing the web, then I started getting pretty sleepy so I figured I'd lay down to rest for a bit, so I layed down and closed my eyes thinking I could catch some ZZZ's... and the weirdest thing happend when I was starting to drift off to sleep.

My whole body felt like it was trembling, legs, arms, etc... even my throat and tongue felt like it was twitching as well, I also was getting these weird faint flashes in my right eye, but I've been to the eye doctor for some new glasses and he did a health exam on them too and didn't find anything at all wrong. Anyway, I think it goes without saying this freaked me out horribly.

Naturally, my mind starts to wonder if it's physical manifestations of stress/anxeity or some thing horrible like, ALS, MS, Brain Tumor... etc...

This really sucks :(

MyNameIsTerry
22-10-15, 04:36
I would suggest you have a look at Hypnagogia (falling asleep and within 2 hours of falling asleep) and Hypnopompia (waking).

These are natural states where our brain works in a certain way that has demonstrated we can experience a large number of phenomena. Visual ones are documented as are auditory ones.

These states are perfectly normal and no treatment is required. These phenomena are experienced by large numbers of people regardless of a mental health condition.

SoraStar
22-10-15, 05:07
Thanks for the reply! I'll check out those things that you mentioned.

I got an appointment with my doctor in the morning so maybe he can shed some light on whatever it is i experienced.. :)